Creationist accidentally finds 60-million-year-old fossil

Started by Hydra009, May 29, 2015, 02:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

There are plenty of people who work in scientific fields that are also theists. I can't imagine how they rationalize it, but they do and are thus able to do their jobs just as well as any other. This guy obviously isn't one of them.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

aitm

I didn't come from  a monkey. I came from a rib! 

can't find the damn picture right now…..ARRRRRHHH!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on May 31, 2015, 02:37:17 PM
I didn't come from  a monkey. I came from a rib! 
If you came from a rib, how come there's still ribs?

AtheistLemon

"There's no dates stamped on these."

YES BECAUSE CARBON DATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DATES.

Sigh. Sometimes I have to tell myself that it isn't their fault, that they're stuck in delusions and they need coercion to break out of their own religious shell. But other times, you just gotta yell at something stupid that you see.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 31, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
I'm getting close to where you are Johan.  Voting for president is almost nonsensical since we don't really vote for the president.  I think the only time the vote really can count is on the local level.  And even then, it is problematical.
How many times has the Electoral College gone against the popular vote?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Johan

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 02, 2015, 07:46:01 PM
Three times. But one time is too many IMO. Especially when we're talking about a system which came about as a compromise to prevent southern slave owners from having an unfair advantage in popular votes. IOW there is absolutely no valid reason in this day and age to elect a president via small number of elected or hand selected schmucks who are often not bound in any legal way to cast their vote according to anything other than their own personal whim.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 02, 2015, 07:46:01 PM
So far there have been 157 'faithless voters'.  None have swayed an election.  But the possibility exists.  In 21 states the delegates do not have to vote for anybody in particular--not legally.  They have to vote but for anybody they want.  I think this system really stinks.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Johan

In some states they don't even have to vote, they can abstain.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gerard

Well, basically that's what you get from deifying the Constitution the Founding Fathers and Framers and what have you. I mean, ok, they were great, they changed history but being stuck with a 18th century constitutional make up in the 21st, couldn't have been what they wanted. They were reformers in their days, weren't they?

Gerard

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Gerard

Mike Cl

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.