Canadians - I'm politically ignorant.

Started by Goon, May 26, 2015, 06:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goon

I'm Canadian and know about the queen crap. That's the extent of my knowledge. lol jk but I really know very little. Which parties, besides liberals, want to legalize my honey mary jane? And what chance does Justin T. have? I'm totally a liberal now. Yay.. weed
You evolutionists are spoiling our fun!

Termin

Here an article

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/blog/where-canadian-political-parties-stand-on-marijuana

Conservatives

Stephen Harper has said his party is strongly opposed to the legalization of marijuana, and that it will not happen under his government. The prime minister has been critical of Liberal leader Justin Trudeau coming out in favour of legalizing the drug.

LIberals

n the summer of 2013, Justin Trudeau came out in favour of the legalization of marijuana, a policy his party had adopted a year earlier.

NDP

NDP leader Tom Mulcair has said that the use of marijuana should be a “personal choice,” but that there are still medical issues that need to be examined before the legalization of the drug goes ahead in Canada.

GREEN PARTY

The Green Party would choose to legalize and tax marijuana, and believes that drug addictions should be treated as a health problem, not as criminal offences.

The Marijuana Party of Canada

Not in that article but I think the name of the party makes their policy clear :)
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.