The "Middle class" ruse in politics... OP/ED

Started by Brian37, May 29, 2015, 02:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

OP/ED......

The Insidious use of the term "Middle Class" in politics....... Don't get me wrong, outside the top everyone is getting hit hard. Democratic voters care about the stability of all workers. But this is one key ruse term the top uses to pit middle class republicans vs middle class democrats, not to mention republican poor vs democrat poor. We need to stop letting the GOP and the corporate overlords that term as a wedge issue.

Any scientist can tell you, it isn't the strongest points, or the middle points in a structure that are most likely to break, but the weakest points. I think we need to stop putting it in terms of "Middle Class". Yes there are three classes, and no one should think we should rid our society of that diversity. But it really is as simple as "A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link".

By allowing middle class voters of both parties to get pitted against each other, it allows the poor to drop further down and that pay gap hurts everyone and pulls more down which affects the "middle class". Instead of saying "Middle class", we need to put the responsibility where it its, at the top, the pay gap. The 1% is stepping on the necks of everyone else, and the way they get away with doing that is to pit everyone else against each other.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

Good luck Brian. .Since the top controls the money they control the messaging and control the media. They really want everyone to believe they're middle class be they poor or well off. Middle class is just a talking point that's basically meaningless.  When I hear any politician utter the words middle class I just shut off. Most people do.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

doorknob

If there was a middle class it's surely shrinking or morphing into something else. But I agree that most people probably consider them selves to be middle class no matter what they might actually be. It's an umbrella term that people fall for or they don't.