News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

AA Meetings

Started by Savior2006, May 22, 2015, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I remember those milestones.  When I made it for that first week, I was stunned that I could make it that long.  Then came a month, and then two months.  Eventually, the months just start to blend into years and the years became important milestones too, but those early ones were extra special.  I was rather mind boggled at the first week.  I could hardly believe it.  Now, a year comes and goes, and my anniversary date passes unnoticed.  It might register a month later that's been another year, and I recognize the importance of that too, but those early milestones were very big deals, as they should be.  I'm so happy to hear about your progress.  I believe, the hard part is behind you.  From here on, it's just exercising the choice not to drink each day.  It's different for everyone, but that's how it was for me. 

As not drinking begins to seem more and more normal, I try not to lose sight of who I was before, lest I fall into the trap of thinking I could somehow drink like a normal person.  I'm quite sure I'll never be able to do that, and I don't want to experiment to see if I could.  The risk isn't worth it.  I like my life much better the way it is now.

Baruch

The AA principles can be done by any religion (there is a Jewish one) or no religion at all.  But most organized groups are Christian.  Every day is hard, but you only have to get thru one more day at a time.  Whether you have a substance abuse or not.  But my compassion goes out to those who struggle thru life (actually we all do).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Savior2006 on July 13, 2015, 02:28:37 AM
I've gone over 60 days now. I've been paying attention to some of the steps about making amends for past wrongs. That part of the program is indeed something that sticks with me.

Of course, when you hit milestones like this, however small, the person heading the meeting asks "You wanna tell people how you did it?" And I give them my same spiel about keeping busy: reading, writing, etc,.
Every hard journey is just a series of small, hard steps.  Every one is a victory.  So, congratulations on a series of small victories leading to a large life changer.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Savior2006

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 13, 2015, 08:49:09 AM
Every hard journey is just a series of small, hard steps.  Every one is a victory.  So, congratulations on a series of small victories leading to a large life changer.

Thanks everyone!
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano