Lindsey Graham Will Keep the World from Falling Apart

Started by SGOS, May 18, 2015, 09:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Lindsey Graham says, “I am running because I think the world is falling apart."

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/lindsey-graham-i-am-running-because-the-world-is-119274762516.html

I think it's a good thing that Lindsey Graham is running, because I think if the world falls apart it would not be a good thing, so I think you should vote for Lindsey Graham because he doesn't want the world to fall apart.  I don't want the world to fall apart either.  That could be a bad thing, so we need a president who will prevent the world from falling apart.

AllPurposeAtheist

Lindsey is running because the clown car wasn't quite full enough yet.. John McCain's bitch is running..Nice to know.. He's "my senator"..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on May 18, 2015, 09:13:29 PM
Lindsey Graham says, “I am running because I think the world is falling apart."

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/lindsey-graham-i-am-running-because-the-world-is-119274762516.html

I think it's a good thing that Lindsey Graham is running, because I think if the world falls apart it would not be a good thing, so I think you should vote for Lindsey Graham because he doesn't want the world to fall apart.  I don't want the world to fall apart either.  That could be a bad thing, so we need a president who will prevent the world from falling apart.

Wait, Lindsey has super powers to prevent the world from FALLING APART? Where the hell is it falling to anyway?

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 18, 2015, 09:25:00 PM
Wait, Lindsey has super powers to prevent the world from FALLING APART? Where the hell is it falling to anyway?
Into his massive closet.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 18, 2015, 09:57:58 PM

Into his massive closet.
Now you're not implying that Lindsey is g....g.....g.....closeted are you?

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 18, 2015, 10:23:02 PM
Now you're not implying that Lindsey is g....g.....g.....closeted are you?
Not at all. He's just in there looking for that one coat to match his shoes...
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Unbeliever

I was going to vote for Pat Paulson, until Bernie announced his run. Now I think maybe I'll volunteer for his campaign.

I think Lindsey's just in it for the comedy. Stephanie Miller has to have someone to laugh at besides all the other Repugs who are throwing themselves on the mercy of the Koch brothers.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Atheon

The Republicans are deluded to think that only THEY can make the world better, when their ignorant right-wing ideology is pretty much the cause of the world's problems.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

Quote from: Atheon on May 19, 2015, 11:44:52 PM
The Republicans are deluded to think that only THEY can make the world better, when their ignorant right-wing ideology is pretty much the cause of the world's problems.

I feel like I should put up that 'we've got to have.. money!' clip, but I used that already.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 18, 2015, 11:31:00 PM
Not at all. He's just in there looking for that one coat to match his shoes...
That's why he's always hanging out with HERE'Ssssssssss Johnny McCan't..

trdsf

I can't help but notice that Chris Christie and Jeb Bush are still hanging back from declaring -- in relative terms, these two are the only grownups the GOP has to offer, and they still haven't officially jumped in.  I think they've learned the lesson that the Mittster didn't: the polling agencies really do know what they're doing.

Interesting bit of history here: for the last forty years, Republicans almost always turn to the candidate who placed second last time there was a competitive primary, thusly:

YearNomineeSecond place
1976Gerald FordRonald Reagan
1980Ronald ReaganGeorge H.W. Bush
1984Reagan (incumbent)n/a
1988George H.W. BushBob Dole
1992Bush (incumbent)n/a
1996Bob DolePat Buchanan*
2000George W. Bush*John McCain
2004Bush (incumbent)n/a
2008John McCainMitt Romney
2012Mitt RomneyRick Santorum
* - Pat Buchanan ran on the Reform Party ticket in 2000 and did not pursue the Republican nomination again.

Unless Santorum can light up the activists early, he's going to be the first candidate in 40 years to break the pattern.  Seems a shame -- as a Democrat, I'd love to have him be their nominee.  Alas, unless you're Richard Nixon in '72, you don't get to pick your opponent.

Meanwhile, if (or, as seems likely, when) Hillary gets the nomination on the Democratic side, she'll be the first runner-up to be nominated at the next opportunity since 1928 when 1924 runner-up Al Smith got the nod.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

I know this is going to sound bad, but what is wrong with this guy's face? Look at his eyes and mouth. If they put him in the 'guess the gender from the eyes' test his pic could be a real trick. It looks like something wrong, probably nothing though. He shouldn't smile to the camera.

These things are unfortunately very important if you are running for president. And no way, he can pass that needed criteria. Thinking about his politics, may be that's a good thing.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: trdsf on May 21, 2015, 02:37:25 AM
I can't help but notice that Chris Christie and Jeb Bush are still hanging back from declaring -- in relative terms, these two are the only grownups the GOP has to offer, and they still haven't officially jumped in.  really do know what they're doing.

Interesting bit of history here: for the last forty years, Republicans almost always turn to the candidate who placed second last time there was a competitive primary, thusly:

YearNomineeSecond place
1976Gerald FordRonald Reagan
1980Ronald ReaganGeorge H.W. Bush
1984Reagan (incumbent)n/a
1988George H.W. BushBob Dole
1992Bush (incumbent)n/a
1996Bob DolePat Buchanan*
2000George W. Bush*John McCain
2004Bush (incumbent)n/a
2008John McCainMitt Romney
2012Mitt RomneyRick Santorum
* - Pat Buchanan ran on the Reform Party ticket in 2000 and did not pursue the Republican nomination again.

Unless Santorum can light up the activists early, he's going to be the first candidate in 40 years to break the pattern.  Seems a shame -- as a Democrat, I'd love to have him be their nominee.  Alas, unless you're Richard Nixon in '72, you don't get to pick your opponent.

Meanwhile, if (or, as seems likely, when) Hillary gets the nomination on the Democratic side, she'll be the first runner-up to be nominated at the next opportunity since 1928 when 1924 runner-up Al Smith got the nod.
Christie chopped his own balls off with Bridgegate and by embracing Obama after the hurricane and Jeb did the same by backing his brothers stupidity that even every republican ran away from. They know the Bush name is toxic. Santorum never had a chance so it appears to be up to the dipshit from Wisconsin or good old boy Lindsey and the closet brigade..
WWJHD..(What would Jeb have done)