William Lane Craig getting a TV Show....

Started by GurrenLagann, March 08, 2013, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "GurrenLagann"
Quote from: "Nonsensei"Sorry I thought it was common knowledge that his PhD's are fake. One was from a University that doesnt exist and the other was from a christian "university" that he either founded or co-founded. He literally gave that degree to himself.

Oh and also he did time for tax fraud.

That was Kent Hovind. :P I know they're hard to distinguish because of how annoying they are.

Ah heh right you are. For all intents and purposes they are essentially the same person.

He got his first PhD from my university, Birmingham, which is one of the highest regarded University's in the UK/Europe for research in various schools.

It still kind of annoys me that he came here, but I'm not sure why.

But I don't think having a PhD is a sign of intelligence, rather dedication.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

NonXNonExX

Actually, sometimes when i look at how tangled up the clothes get in the washer, i start to believe in irreducible complexity myself.
Confident in the goodness of the Truth, Christians of all people should be the most open to honest inquiry and generous intellectual dialogue. They should not be defensive or desperate; they should be even more committed to seeking and serving the Truth than the professors are.
Timothy Dalrymple, Xtian blogger

Recently discovered Xtian principle: I\'m OK, you may be OK, and they are definitely not OK.

NonXNonExX

Actually, sometimes when i look at how tangled up the clothes get in the washer, i start to believe in irreducible complexity myself.
Confident in the goodness of the Truth, Christians of all people should be the most open to honest inquiry and generous intellectual dialogue. They should not be defensive or desperate; they should be even more committed to seeking and serving the Truth than the professors are.

Recently discovered Xtian principle: I\'m OK, you may be OK, and they are definitely not OK.

Sleeper

"Welcome, I'm Bill Craig! We're here in Irvine, California, therefore this is a talk show."

"My first guest is of Romanian descent, therefore she's a student at Cal-Berkely."
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Sleeper""Welcome, I'm Bill Craig! We're here in Irvine, California, therefore this is a talk show."

"My first guest is of Romanian descent, therefore she's a student at Cal-Berkely."

Just noticed your signature.

Elvis didn't do no drugs.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Sleeper

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "Sleeper""Welcome, I'm Bill Craig! We're here in Irvine, California, therefore this is a talk show."

Just noticed your signature.

Elvis didn't do no drugs.
At least not according to Guttenburg. Johannes, not Steve.
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

PghPanther

I have watched many of WLC's debates.............

There is nothing he argues for in regards to challenging the natural processes of reality that cannot be refuted with a  solution that has a natural cause rather than the supernatural default........his work and research in this area is nothing more than a modern attempt to establish the remaining God of the gaps arguments. Most of his research is dated and irrelevant in his understanding of quantum physics, biology, evolution of common ancestry and general cosmological constructs.

The other side of the coin is his positioning of theological arguments where he continues the presupposition of the accounts of NT scripture as validate for defending an evangelical point of view. This area is wide open for criticism and invalidating based of an objective academic study of the manuscripts of the canonical gospels let alone every other manuscript placed into canon.

He makes good money at what he does and is raved by the Christina community as a top apologist for the faith............

If that is the case the literalist interpretation of scriptures in the Christian world view is doomed to the dust bin of history as scientific rationalism continues its march towards defining reality through evidence securitized within the process of the scientific method.

NonXNonExX

I doubt if his show will be as entertaining as Creflo Dollar or Benny Hinn. Now THAT'S entertainment!

kilodelta

"Reasonable Faith" What a great example of an oxymoron!
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

The Non Prophet

Oh America, you never cease to amaze me with your money wasting on charlatans while innocent people starve. I didn't read the link so I apologize if this sounds ill-spoken but if it's a real show with seasons it'll be cancelled or moved to an all religious channel if it isn't planned that way already. Craig does not possess anything any other apologist has and will fail to convert the world like any other religious shill.

Sal1981

Quote from: "PghPanther"He makes good money at what he does and is raved by the Christina community as a top apologist for the faith............

If that is the case the literalist interpretation of scriptures in the Christian world view is doomed to the dust bin of history as scientific rationalism continues its march towards defining reality through evidence securitized within the process of the scientific method.
First the literalists,
then the idealists,
then the apologetics,
lastly the faith rationalists.

Not only is god is retreating into obscurity, the believers are too.

Minimalist

QuoteEach week, Dr. Craig will equip you with the tools needed to win skeptics and defend biblical truth with maximum effectiveness.

Hmmm I still think Craig is a lying douchebag.  Maybe he needs to refine his technique?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Colanth

A little duct tape on his mouth might be exactly the "refinement" his technique needs.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"err... yuck...

At least more people will be able to see how stupid he is.

Not really. Hardly anybody will see it. People attribute too much to cable tv shows watched by a minimal audience...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

Colanth

Unfortunately, fundies in the US don't constitute "a minimal audience".  I'd guess that about 1/3 of the population actually believes all the nonsense these "experts" spew.  (I didn't believe that until I moved south - now the only people I meet who don't believe are others who moved here from saner areas.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.