William Lane Craig getting a TV Show....

Started by GurrenLagann, March 08, 2013, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GurrenLagann

Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

NitzWalsh

err... yuck...

At least more people will be able to see how stupid he is.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

GurrenLagann

Well, I wouldn't say Craig is stupid (having 2 PhDs isn't something most stupid could or would do). More like, obfuscating and persistent, though I couldn't deny his rhetorical skills. :l

Damn... Hopefully my mome doesn't find out.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

the_antithesis

Not that having a Phd is all that impressive for an apologist.  Although, it appears Craig earned his at real schools instead of getting them from a diploma mill that he founded himself.

stromboli

Let me be the first to say fuck him.

aitm

Quote from: "GurrenLagann"Well, I wouldn't say Craig is stupid (having 2 PhDs isn't something most stupid could or would do). .

My sis-in-law has a doctorate and a masters, and thinks carpenters lay carpet.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

mnmelt

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "GurrenLagann"Well, I wouldn't say Craig is stupid (having 2 PhDs isn't something most stupid could or would do). .

My sis-in-law has a doctorate and a masters, and thinks carpenters lay carpet.

:rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

Nonsensei

Quote from: "GurrenLagann"Well, I wouldn't say Craig is stupid (having 2 PhDs isn't something most stupid could or would do). More like, obfuscating and persistent, though I couldn't deny his rhetorical skills. :l

Damn... Hopefully my mome doesn't find out.

Sorry I thought it was common knowledge that his PhD's are fake. One was from a University that doesnt exist and the other was from a christian "university" that he either founded or co-founded. He literally gave that degree to himself.

Oh and also he did time for tax fraud.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

GurrenLagann

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Sorry I thought it was common knowledge that his PhD's are fake. One was from a University that doesnt exist and the other was from a christian "university" that he either founded or co-founded. He literally gave that degree to himself.

That was Kent Hovind. :P I know they're hard to distinguish because of how annoying they are.
[...]
-Christopher Hitchens

Nonsensei

Quote from: "GurrenLagann"
Quote from: "Nonsensei"Sorry I thought it was common knowledge that his PhD's are fake. One was from a University that doesnt exist and the other was from a christian "university" that he either founded or co-founded. He literally gave that degree to himself.

That was Kent Hovind. :P I know they're hard to distinguish because of how annoying they are.

Ah heh right you are. For all intents and purposes they are essentially the same person.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hakurei Reimu

Does it matter what his credentials are? His arguments are crap. Crap that can boggle the unwary, but crap none the less.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

ThePilgrim101

I don't know what you guys are upset about. It's a good show. I actually managed to find the pilot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFdyvj3y_ek
Quote from: \"azmhyr\"
Quote from: \"quoting\"New Testament doesn\'t Justify the banning of gays from anywhere.
Well, the old testament permabans them from life tho.

GurrenLagann

[...]
-Christopher Hitchens

Jorjor

NitzWalsh

You can have legitimate advanced degrees and still be stupid. Just look at the ICR, there are actual people there with PhD's in Biology and Geology that continually spout off the 6000-10000 year old Earth stories, irreducible complexity, and other nonsense.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke