News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mad Max: Oh No! Not again.

Started by SGOS, May 13, 2015, 09:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

:lol: None can stand Mel Gibson anymore, I guess. Also Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Charlie Sheen. Globally hated people. They should make a study on that.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 14, 2015, 09:16:24 AM
:lol: None can stand Mel Gibson anymore, I guess. Also Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Charlie Sheen. Globally hated people. They should make a study on that.
And for me I have to throw in John Voigt, Clint Eastwood, and Papa John. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 14, 2015, 09:28:29 AM
And for me I have to throw in John Voigt, Clint Eastwood, and Papa John.

When I type Papa John, I only get a pizza rest here. Who is Papa John?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

stromboli

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 14, 2015, 09:32:02 AM
When I type Papa John, I only get a pizza rest here. Who is Papa John?

Papa John owns a pizza chain. He worked originally for Dominos and built what to many is a better pizza chain, but I don't like his pizzas. Most notably he is an egotistical self promoter who owns a 40 million dollar mansion and has a contract with the NFL (American football) as the "official" pizza, or something. He is a real jerk- pays his people very little and treats them like dirt.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: stromboli on May 14, 2015, 09:36:36 AM
Papa John owns a pizza chain. He worked originally for Dominos and built what to many is a better pizza chain, but I don't like his pizzas. Most notably he is an egotistical self promoter who owns a 40 million dollar mansion and has a contract with the NFL (American football) as the "official" pizza, or something. He is a real jerk- pays his people very little and treats them like dirt.

Oh asshole. OK. no pizza from there if we have it here.

stromboli

Some people like his pizza. I don't particularly, but then I haven't eaten pizza chain pizza in many months. I can make a pretty good pizza myself when I get creative, but my wife and I are on a health drive right now, so not eating any.

Watercress anybody?  :biggrin:

SGOS

I used to work at a bar that was deservedly known for sandwiches.  They were huge, and made subway look like somebody's bad idea.  They were expensive, but we sold them by the hundreds, and charged people who wanted a great sandwich an arm and a leg for their beer.  We also made great pizza from the boss' own recipe.  We weren't clever enough to spin the dough over our heads into a big flat pancake.  We used a rolling pin, but it was great pizza.

So a year after I left, I went back because I wanted to visit my old boss, and there on the wall next to a microwave oven was a sign that read "Enjoy a Papa Costo's Pizza" 

Papa Costo???  Ever heard of Papa Costo?  I asked the boss if it was any good, and he replied, "Oh boy, yeah, that's good pizza."  But of course that's what he had to say.  You take this frozen mass produced thing, and put it in a microwave, and expect your customers to be grateful, and still charge them an arm and a leg for their beer.  I suspect he didn't want to bother with pizza, being as they were labor intensive and took a lot of time in the back room to make from scratch.  But that was the death of a great pizza.

stromboli

I got spoiled in the Navy over pizza and sub sandwiches (grinders) because I was on the east coast. This was pre- Pizza Hut and you could go to a corner pizza place in Connecticut or Massachusetts and get a fresh made sandwich or freshly done pizza.

After the Navy I came back to Utah. The latest food craze? Sub sandwiches. some BYU student from the east coast had realized that the market was ripe for the product and set up shop just off campus. Kid made a killing and started his own franchise, I think. One of those "why didn't I think of that?" moments.

kilodelta

I'm just waiting for someone to make a Clonedome joke: "one man enters; two men leave."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm sticking with movies like Rubber because you just can't go wrong with a movie about making a movie about a psychpathic killer car tire who also masturbates to the hot girl and the producer has everyone watching the movie being made poisoned for absolutely no reason whatsoever...
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Vegetarian pizza is healthy isn't----unless you can't stop eating the damn thing. I LOVE PIZZA! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 14, 2015, 03:58:49 PM
I'm sticking with movies like Rubber because you just can't go wrong with a movie about making a movie about a psychpathic killer car tire who also masturbates to the hot girl and the producer has everyone watching the movie being made poisoned for absolutely no reason whatsoever...
Rubber deserves an award of some sort, not best picture by any means, but something like Most Unusual Film Ever.  They could call it the WTF? Award.

Atheon

Loved the latest Mad Max. My favorite of the original trilogy was Road Warrior, and this one is very reminiscent of Road Warrior, but has more character development and the action is amped up to the (mad) max.

There are some who have condemned it as "feminist propaganda" just because it has a strong female lead. Silly rabbits.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Loved it. The fact that the rides were real and not CGI was a big boost. I want that fat-tired coupé.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

I want to be the guy that rides way up in one of those flexi poles baskets that bends down and scoops women out of passing cars.  It would be great fun on the freeway, at least until you came to an underpass.