News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

REPENT, UNBELIEVERS!!!

Started by Conradine, May 13, 2015, 07:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Conradine on May 13, 2015, 10:18:40 AM
Then, can you prove the existence of Atheism?
Also, even if you can prove Atheism existed, can you demonstrated it made miracles and resurrected from the grave?
Have you a personal relationship with Atheism?
Well, WTF..................the scales, the scales have dropped from my eyes!  I can see...........I can see!  Jebus, thank you!  I cun now see--I was blind before.  Jebus is lawrd and gwad is king--yeah, yeah, that makes so much sinse.  The debel made me do it--he/she/it blinded me all this time!  I can now kneel down with Jebus right ther next to me--he is so purddy!  And he lubs me no matter what I doe.   Or thunk or donn thunk.  No mattur whut---gwad I hope he cums soon.  Thanky, thanky dear Con (perfect name don't ya think???)--I is now saaavvveeedddddddd!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Conradine on May 13, 2015, 10:56:38 AM
Hi there. :)

Sorry for the prank.
My real name is Samuele. 29 years old, Veneto ( north Italy ), teorical agnostic / pratical atheist. Ex student of philosophy, now unemployed and prone to waste a bit of time joking around.
Never baptized, both my parents are agnostics and not religious. I never worried much about deism and theology until the last year. Two people younger than me died in a car accident in my village and I started obsessing about death and afterlife. So I starded studying theology, philology and also biology with a bit more interest ( despite superating high school I had forgotten most of what I learned and never applied seriously ).

Beside that, my hobbies are martial arts, gdr and occultism.

Nice to meet you. ^^
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Conradine on May 13, 2015, 10:56:38 AM
Hi there. :)

Sorry for the prank.
My real name is Samuele. 29 years old, Veneto ( north Italy ), teorical agnostic / pratical atheist.

Nice to meet you. ^^

Ha, Nailed it!  With my lie detector senses and my keen understanding of human psychology. :smile2:

stromboli

Quote from: SGOS on May 13, 2015, 11:27:49 AM
Ha, Nailed it!  With my lie detector senses and my keen understanding of human psychology. :smile2:

I hereby award 1 internet and a Koo Koo Kachoo.  :clap:

SGOS

Solitary

:naughty: Welcome aboard Conradine! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

drunkenshoe

An atheist researching about death and afterlife by studying theology, philology and philosophy.  :neutral:

Anyway, welcome aboard. Less google translate could be better for you.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

Nice to meet you, welcome to the forum
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 13, 2015, 12:51:35 PM
An atheist researching about death and afterlife by studying theology, philology and philosophy.  :neutral:

Anyway, welcome aboard. Less google translate could be better for you.

perhaps he meant he realized he was an atheist because of the studies? Thats often a good case of people who by good old education realize why Christians and other theists are afraid of science so much.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Uhhh..repent Sam or ye shall go to H E double dirty Q-tips®.. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sal1981

Hiya, nice to meet you ... and we need to lighten up a bit past that prank :/

AllPurposeAtheist

My gf, a self described xtian tells me that god is amused by my atheism..  I'm here to entertain..

Conradine

QuoteAn atheist researching about death and afterlife by studying theology, philology and philosophy.

I always have been pratically atheist ( I call myself "teorically agnostic" because I don't exclude with 100% certainity the existence of some kind of macroscopical order or intelligence, but I'm 100% certain that the antropomorphic deities of religions are human-made creations ) and I never had any rational doubts about abramitic religions.

But more ore less one year ago I was striken by an irrational fear ( "what if I am wrong about islamic / catholic / protestant Hell?" ), so I felt the need to study the origins of the abramitic mythology, and also platonism which is the basis of christian philosphy ( Scolastica ), in order to rationally prove them false.

I guess that some will think "wasn't the tale of the talking snake enough to persuade you that it's bullcrap"?
Yes, as a child was enough but as a anxiety-striken adult I needed to search a bit more.

I found very informative Bart Ehrman's phililogy books about mistranslation and forgeries in the Bible.

AllPurposeAtheist

Even though I don't buy it I kinda like my dad's version.. No god, but 'there's something out there..' That's pretty basic for an 86 year old man..

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Conradine on May 13, 2015, 02:59:07 PM
I always have been pratically atheist ( I call myself "teorically agnostic" because I don't exclude with 100% certainity the existence of some kind of macroscopical order or intelligence, but I'm 100% certain that the antropomorphic deities of religions are human-made creations ) and I never had any rational doubts about abramitic religions.

But more ore less one year ago I was striken by an irrational fear ( "what if I am wrong about islamic / catholic / protestant Hell?" ), so I felt the need to study the origins of the abramitic mythology, and also platonism which is the basis of christian philosphy ( Scolastica ), in order to rationally prove them false.

I guess that some will think "wasn't the tale of the talking snake enough to persuade you that it's bullcrap"?
Yes, as a child was enough but as a anxiety-striken adult I needed to search a bit more.

I found very informative Bart Ehrman's phililogy books about mistranslation and forgeries in the Bible.

OK.

Anxiety can be really bad. It's good if reading and research helps you with it. But it's just a year now. It probably will get much better by time. Apparently you had a bad trauma and went through a rough patch. I'm guessing you lost peole close to you or had some connection with the event. Did you have a life threatening experience? In my opinion, it is also important trying to differ what you feel from what you think about all this. Irrational part is the emotions and thoughts come attached to that. It could help, if you look at from this angle. Even without any trauma, being afraid of death and harm is perfectly normal.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp