Failed Christian shoe promoter makes anti-gay first-person shooter

Started by PickelledEggs, May 06, 2015, 12:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathandGrim

Quote from: Shiranu on May 10, 2015, 05:50:44 PM
I guess its cultural, but I honestly don't see how free speech keeps you from thinking something shouldn't be done. Absolute freedom of speech never has and never will exist in the United States, and it never should. And just because you are free to be a bigot does not mean you should be, and to say so does not mean you are somehow anti-free speech.

Yes that's true but what I mean to say is we can't tell them they can't make a game that spreads hatred because that's just how it is. If you're a fucking asshole and wanna make a game pandering to other assholes then go for it. But what we can do as a public society is keep that from being sold.

But I can't say we should tell people what they should or shouldn't be, that's unfortunately up to them. And if they were raised in an environment of hatred and bigotry and they become a hateful bigot the most we can do is disapprove of them but their change of who they actually are in up to them
You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

the_antithesis

Quote from: Randall Herman"So I decided to go down a path that most developers are afraid to go down: to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point."

And what point would that be, Randall, old bean?

And developers aren't afraid to go down that path. They just have the good sense to not be a twat. Unlike you.

So is that the point? That when you act like a twat people will call you a twat and a failed shoe promoter? Well, thanks, but we already knew that.