News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God the Chemistry cheat

Started by Poison Tree, May 10, 2015, 11:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Tree

As some of you may know Ben Carson, Seventh-day Adventist brain surgeon who thinks Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery, is (likely) running for the Republican presidential nomination. Having been raised Seventh-day Adventist all of my friends are either SDA or former SDA, so my facebook feed is obsessed with him.

So I learned recently that he said that he only passed college chemistry because god gave him the answers.

This really pisses me off. God couldn't be bothered to stop Africans from bleeding to death from ebola. Fuck those people in Nepal's earthquake. He can't be bothered to send down some manna for the starving. But some guy was a lousy student and may fail chemistry? God is all over that shit.

It would be like if superman were real but only used his x-ray vision to find pocket change that has fallen inside people's sofas.

And, naturally, my facebook friends see this as proof that Carson is goodly and blessed not that he is a self-centered, egotistical, nut bag

"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

stromboli

Ben Carson is a success because he has skilled hands as a surgeon and not a lot else. One of the people that influences me leaving Mormonism was a 7th Day Adventist so I got a dose of that. Get rid of the religion and their lifestyle is a healthy one, certainly. My friend was an LPN and a licensed pilot, so there is some success built in there.

And science and the medical professionals stopped Ebola. No doubt a whole bunch of xtians are claiming it was prayer. Various secular websites are raising money for Nepal and I have contributed to them. The fundie xtians sent a plane load of bibles or some shit, taking up space on the airport's aprons for incoming real aid. What a crock. Somebody needs to shut Carson down and show him for the religious fraud he really is.

DeathandGrim

It really saddens me he's among my people. You have no idea...

The man is a gifted surgeon but how is he such a fucking idiot? I sincerely hope he doesn't get the Republican nominee, I'll deport myself from my own country. I want no correlation with that dude.
You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

Brian37

Saw that wrote a poem about his stupidity. Thats great he has a cheat help him pass the exams, but where was this same god when white Christians used that same bible to justify blacks being slaves?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Munch

Quote from: DeathandGrim on May 10, 2015, 12:06:42 PM
It really saddens me he's among my people. You have no idea...

The man is a gifted surgeon but how is he such a fucking idiot? I sincerely hope he doesn't get the Republican nominee, I'll deport myself from my own country. I want no correlation with that dude.

Dude doesn't matter if someone's black, white, Latino, gay, straight, male or female, a fucking moron is a fucking moron, and you shouldn't have to feel an association for that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Poison Tree on May 10, 2015, 11:17:09 AM
It would be like if superman were real but only used his x-ray vision to find pocket change that has fallen inside people's sofas.
I am keeping this phrase, and using it.  Thank you.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan