Terrorists open fire on "Draw Muhammed" event in Garland, TX

Started by Ace101, May 10, 2015, 02:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on May 11, 2015, 12:24:56 PM
lol. I am an immigrant myself. From Eastern Europe.
I have no problem with any ethnicities at all.

I am against Religious fascism. That is all.

Your are a Jew. You didn't immigrate, you had to run from one particular piece of shit when you were 12. The short one with the funny moustache. Remember him?

Jews are the second hated minority in Europe after muslims. Tell me pr, speaking of religious fascism, what would a new system that threw people out of Europe because of their religion offer to Jews? Group hug?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pr126

Oh no! I am a Jew? Oy Vey!
The Nazis must have missed me. The Communist did too.

QuoteJews are the second hated minority in Europe after muslims.

Nope, it is the other way around. Muslims are protected species in Europe.
Jews are not. Never have been.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on May 11, 2015, 01:00:02 PM
Nope, it is the other way around. Muslims are protected species in Europe. Jews are not.

Oh Really? Why are Jews the most hated minority in Europe?

E: Did you see this?

Is there a ‘rising tide’ of anti-Semitism in the West?

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28853221

Quote"We have many surveys, even before 1990. What they show is a decline in prejudice towards minorities, and especially towards Jews. Actually Jews are the best accepted minority in France," she says.
"But what we also see in the context of economic recession since 2009, prejudice which was decreasing since World War Two has been going up again, also for the Jews. But the Jews remain the most accepted group in France. We see the same thing in Europe."

This is reflected in the Pew Foundation 2014 Global Attitudes survey - which suggests that in Europe unfavourable attitudes towards Roma and Muslims are more prevalent than those toward Jews.

The Pew survey also reports lower levels of anti-Semitic sentiment than suggested by the ADL survey. For France, the Pew survey suggests 10% of people have unfavourable attitudes towards Jewish people, which contrasts with the ADL poll's suggestion that 37% of people in France are anti-Semitic.
While it's difficult to see clear evidence of a broad upward trend in anti-Semitism, there's still fear in some parts of the Jewish community.
A poll published last week by the Jewish Chronicle website suggested that "almost two-thirds of British Jews have questioned their future in the UK amid rising anti-Semitism".
The Jewish Chronicle told the BBC that the poll was conducted by asking 150 Jewish people at random on the streets of North London whether they or their friends "had a discussion about whether there is a future for Jews in the UK".
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pr126

Because the are Jews.

Btw, I do not regard Al BBC as a reliable news source.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on May 11, 2015, 01:12:55 PM
Because the are Jews.

Btw, I do not regard Al BBC as a reliable news source.

Aw, didn't agree with you?

Cocoa Beware

The motive was to kill people because they were making drawings of a religious figure.

Politics may have been the overriding theme, but religion was the specific excuse, as it is always infallibly advertised. Without fucked up religious bullshit there is no way to justify this kind of behavior.

If these people genuinely were victims of injustice its unfortunate and tragically commonplace in America; but killing innocent people for doing something perfectly legal over something that is going to be terribly difficult to understand is not a terribly constructive way to go about it.

drunkenshoe

That was groundbreaking. I'm sure the problem will be solved very soon.   

Cocoa Beware

I simply dont agree in writing this off as something purely political when it doesnt happen without the assurance of a 72 virgin paradise and because the teachings of this religion can justify this act without strife going on in the near and far corners of the world.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on May 12, 2015, 06:54:55 AM
I simply dont agree in writing this off as something purely political when it doesnt happen without the assurance of a 72 virgin paradise and because the teachings of this religion can justify this act without strife going on in the near and far corners of the world.

Uh... political shootings don't happen without religion?

Right then...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

You realise that you are just repeating the same thing in different forms, stomping your foot whining without engaging anything real, saying 'No, how a fish can walk out of water and become a monkey?! Besides, then why do we still have monkeys around?"

Have  you ever heard of something called 'circular reasoning' ? It's a logical fallacy that happens when you avoid every damn thing in a process and begin with what you want to end up.

The reason of acts of terrorism can only be explained by religion ---> because they can only be justified by religion ---> which is the only reason that can explain acts of terrorism ---> because they can only be justified by religion -->

The reason of human existence can only be explained by god ---> because it can only be justified by god ---> which is the only reason that can explain human existence ---> because it can only be justified by god --->

You are either accepting the function of 'god and religion' like a believer do when he believes in that 'evil' comes from 'devil', 'morality' comes from 'god' and these are the things that shape the society, the net of relationships; the world he lives in, or you actually have no idea what you are talking about. Not to mention the scope of the issue.

This religion has been teaching that bullshit for hundreds of years, why there hasn't been anything like this in the US before? Two American born muslims are attacking a cartoon show to kill people without taking any orders or help and link themselves to a terrorist group they have never been introduced to or even communicated to at the other side of the world. Just like that. Religion fell on their heads and they remembered they can't wait to fuck some virgins in heaven? 

You keep juggling these concepts of 'terrorism', 'politics','injustice', 'religion' as if they exist floating in the air independently from any socio-political/psychological/economical factors, identity, the system and the societies in the States, the individual's relationship with that society and the system, the state and its domestic and interntional policies and when I say all that, all you can get is 'them being humiliated'. As if other Americans have diferent problems or whole world of forms of existence to fill over all. And these things named above get accidentally collide -POP!- extremists born. Like mushrooms in old cartoons. Why? Because religion is fucking magic! 

Doesn't matter how you want to write it off to make yourself feel better, this shooting was also an act of domestic terrorism. 'These people are not some 'sand-niggers' illegally got in to the US to attack civilians.

1liesalot

I only wish I could draw. But I'm rubbish at drawing.

Munch

Quote from: 1liesalot on May 12, 2015, 04:49:01 PM
I only wish I could draw. But I'm rubbish at drawing.

But that's perfect if you just want to draw Muhammad
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Yeah, he has a point. You don't need to have Pickel's sort of talent to do something like that. Just please be safe.

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

1liesalot

Quote from: Munch on May 13, 2015, 04:34:30 AM
But that's perfect if you just want to draw Muhammad

True. I will look for a pencil.