News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Case Dismissed! The Suit from Driskell

Started by dtq123, May 07, 2015, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

http://www.advocate.com/politics/marriage-equality/2015/05/07/dismissed-federal-suit-against-all-homosexuals

QuoteA federal judge today dismissed a Nebraska woman's lawsuit against all "homosexuals" on the grounds that it failed to request a specific remedy and relied on biblical verses in a secular court.

Enough said.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

God damn it, I just finished making popcorn! D:<
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Well, that went down in flames awfully fast.

stromboli

Yes but she's got that gospel fire. She'll remedy that and get right back to it.

Termin

Quote from: stromboli on May 07, 2015, 05:48:03 PM
Yes but she's got that gospel fire. She'll remedy that and get right back to it.

The last paragraph of the article

QuoteBecause of these fundamental flaws in the filing, the court preemptively denied any attempt by Driskell to amend her suit, "because it is obvious that amendment would be futile. … This Court is not the place to seek opinions regarding theological matters; this particular forum is closed and the case will be dismissed."

Bit of a double whammy, not only is her suit no good, she's not getting a second chance :)
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

trdsf

Yup, that's dismissal with prejudice.  This is the US legal system's way of saying "Fuck off, you moron."
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

stromboli

Rats. Wasn't open long enough to start a Christian fundraiser.

drunkenshoe

Quote...This Court is not the place to seek opinions regarding theological matters; this particular forum is closed and the case will be dismissed. ...

Over all, it just shows that these people have no idea of what the 'Law' is, how their society reached to this point to let them do this. They are too ignorant to get that by trying to use the law in this way, they are actually demanding a Christian version of Sharia, but nothing else.

And this is not even the worst part. The worst part is what would become to 'her and her personal ideals of a religious society' if Slyvias got their way. She -and countless like her- probbaly thinks, if they get their dream come true, they will continue their lives in peace and enjoy the same rights they have right now. Sigh. Cry or laugh?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Atheon

Good.

Hope she learned her lesson. (I doubt it, though...)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

DeathandGrim

Didn't even have time to finish my drink before that got destroyed. Welp.
You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"