Another shooting that has nothing to do with Islam

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, May 04, 2015, 01:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Brian37 on May 04, 2015, 07:32:39 AM
Um what do you mean nothing to do with Islam? 
I'm not sure of the intention, but I took the title of the thread as purely sarcasm.  Of course it has to do with Islam.  Everything from cartooning the Prophet to defending free speech was about Islam.  The intolerance of Islam is about Islam.  There's not much here that isn't about Islam, and I'll guess that was the intention [of the competition].

pr126

No Brian, the OP comment was sarcasm.

It referred to the comments made by the leader of the free world, the POTUS,  that Islam has nothing to do with Islam.

You are right, it has everything to do with Islam, but far too many non Muslims would like to give Islam a free pass. 

stromboli

A Muhammad art exhibit in Texas. Boy that has politically correct written all over it.

aitm

One will have to come up with a pretty good argument that if I insult stupidity that stupid has a "right" to try to kill me because they are too stupid to insult back.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on May 04, 2015, 07:59:48 AM
...Of course it has to do with Islam.  Everything from cartooning the Prophet to defending free speech was about Islam.  The intolerance of Islam is about Islam.  There's not much here that isn't about Islam, and I'll guess that was the intention [of the competition].

"Of course it has to do with god. Everything from blasphemy to defending free speech is about god. The god's intolerance is about god. There's not much about here that isn't about god and I'll guess that was the intention [of creation]."

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on May 04, 2015, 09:07:06 AM
One will have to come up with a pretty good argument that if I insult stupidity that stupid has a "right" to try to kill me because they are too stupid to insult back.

Who argued anyone has a right to kill anyone to begin with, let alone the stupid that can't insult back?

The rule is that the strongest one always has the 'right' to kill as he pleases, because nobody will be able to stand against him. Like having the best military force and being able to provide global control to kill as you like. It's not about rights. It's about rules. The strongest one makes the rules.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Brian37

Nope, sorry, I am fucking tired of the crap about "extremism". That well intended separation between left and right does not change that the exact same books are used by both containing the same words in which both left and right come to different conclusions.

No one should be out to force religion out of existence. But the reality is for every kind motif the left can glean out of those ancient comic books, the right and the violent are reading the same books to glean the justifications for their barbarity. SAME FUCKING BOOKS.

The west became civil because society learned to cherry pick holy books and skip the violent parts. To do what those holy books say word for word, one would have to become a monster. No, do not expect me to coddle the insecurities of either the right or the left. They are still the same books both are getting their morality from.

No one is saying get rid of say the likes of Malala or King or empathetic believers. I am saying the left does not help pretending they have the "true" version of their books. They are the same books with the same heros.

If the left can accept that others can be kind outside their label, then they need to consider the empathy is not in that book, but in our species evolution. Holy books are weapons and must be treated as such, they are the same books the left uses that the right and the violent use to justify oppressive laws and violence. There is no such thing as "true" anything.

The "extremists" are the ones taking the books seriously and word for word. The left does not help by ignoring this.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

pr126

QuoteThe left is not helping by ignoring this
Brian, the left is not ignoring it.
The left is actively encourage it, finance it,  and helping it any way they can.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 04, 2015, 09:44:18 AM
Who argued anyone has a right to kill anyone to begin with, let alone the stupid that can't insult back?

The rule is that the strongest one always has the 'right' to kill as he pleases, because nobody will be able to stand against him. Like having the best military force and being able to provide global control to kill as you like. It's not about rights. It's about rules. The strongest one makes the rules.
Yep, that does seem to be the way of the world.  Who writes the history books?  The winners; not the losers.  Who makes the rules--as Shoe said--the one with the biggest club.  Right now that is the US of A. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on May 04, 2015, 01:56:03 AM
Thankfully no one (innocent) was killed, but... fuck, this intentionally poking beehives that is so prevalent in our culture is getting old as fuck real fast.

Yeah, I kinda get what you are saying.  Why would a sane person rile up a group who think they have the 'answers' and the Truth?  And said group has been known to get a little violent in 'defense' of those answers and Truths?  A sane person wouldn't..............hmmmmm........wait a minute; maybe it is the sane person who would do that.  Why?  Because if that particular 'beehive' is left alone it will only grow bigger, gain more queens, and build more hives.  Maybe--just maybe--a little blasphemy is what IS called for.  Maybe the sane person is the one saying that those 'answers' are not my answers and your Truth is not my Truth--stay out of my life--stay out of my head.  I have a much right to be free of that crap as they have of spewing it. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 04, 2015, 11:13:15 AM
Yep, that does seem to be the way of the world.  Who writes the history books?  The winners; not the losers.  Who makes the rules--as Shoe said--the one with the biggest club.  Right now that is the US of A. 
But not for long. The USA is in the process of abdicating that role.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Brian37 on May 04, 2015, 07:32:39 AM
Um what do you mean nothing to do with Islam?
It's called sarcasm. You should try it sometime.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2015, 11:20:48 AM
But not for long. The USA is in the process of abdicating that role.
I am afraid you are right.

aitm

[/quote]
Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 04, 2015, 09:44:18 AM

I fail to see how that means that a dozen or a hundred people can get together and make fun of stupidity and it be suggested they are responsible when the stupid thinks they have the right to kill over it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Brian37

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2015, 10:47:18 AM
Brian, the left is not ignoring it.
The left is actively encourage it, finance it,  and helping it any way they can.

Excuse me, no sorry, Obama did not sink the Titanic. Not even talking about politicians when I say "left" I am talking about the PC left as far as voters. No, the politicians on the right are the ones funding this crap and holding the left hostage. You want this shit to stop? The we need to stop the big business monopoly politics funded by the right that protects the military industrial complex.

The left I am talking about is the well intended person on the street on the issue of word choice who thinks taboos are the way to keep peace. The political economics are being run by banks and Wall Street and big fuel and the Military industry. Blame the right for holding everyone hostage when it comes to that.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37