News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mixed Race?

Started by stromboli, January 30, 2015, 01:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

I grew up in an all white town, our church elders told us all about niggers and their sex habits after church and at the coffee shop in the mornings. I never met a black kid until I was 16ish at a Detroit Tigers baseball game. I rooted for the black baseball players that were on the team like Willie Horton, but at the same time the main TV networks were beaming riots all across the country by them damn anti-american negroes.

When I got to college I worked my ass off to overcome that racism, to a degree of success. As I started my own business I purposely hired blacks to not just overcome that but to try to atone for my own racism. Over the years I am quite happy at my progress but readily recognize that I most likely will never be able to completely overcome those early years. My 12 years in Texas introduced me to my wonderful beaner friends and the realization that the majority of Mexicans will always outwork the majority of whites and black and the Mexican hate blacks more that whites do and the black hated Mexicans more than whites….man…Texas is crazy about that shit.

I am conscious of my racism every day and work very hard to overcome it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

True story. Never met a Hispanic that didn't work is ass off at any job.

Shiranu

Quote from: stromboli on February 21, 2015, 11:11:24 PM
True story. Never met a Hispanic that didn't work is ass off at any job.

I know some, but for the most part yeah they work hard.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Aroura33

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 31, 2015, 09:01:14 AM
I'm German, german, German, English, Scottish and native American, I'm white as white can be XD

Anglo-Saxon, Aryan if you're feeling dramatic, and 19th century.

We are all one race/species just with different skin tones, not too much different from is fundamentally except for cultural stuff

Though some of those dark skinned girls are beauties *beams*
This is almost me, I'm German, German, Irish, British and a little Native American.  My brother shows the Native American more than I do...everyone says I just look German. 

My husband is 100% Irish, and our daughter is the whitest person I've ever seen, aside from an albino, I kid you not.  And her hair is as pale as her skin.  She looks like the little kid version of Disney's Elsa, even with the big blue eyes.  I feel sort of bad (especialy after seeing Strombolli's beautiful kids!), she looks like "we are the Aryan Nation!" is our family motto. But it's just genetics.  I'm mostly white, and I married a guy who comes from the whitest white people in Europe.

This picture is about a year old, but she's only gotten whiter if anything!  lol.

But yes, we are all just one species.  I like the fact that my daughter has friends of all colors and doesn't even think twice about that.  I have some hope that future generations will be less racist.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Mermaid

I am half German Shepherd and half Irish Wolfhound.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

There's something fishy about.  :biggrin:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

trdsf

'Mixed race' as a phrase bothers me.  It's only accurate if you're talking about crossing modern humans with something that's not modern human -- Neanderthals, for example.  So there hasn't been any race mixing in tens of thousands of years.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mermaid

Quote from: trdsf on February 28, 2015, 03:18:25 AM
'Mixed race' as a phrase bothers me.  It's only accurate if you're talking about crossing modern humans with something that's not modern human -- Neanderthals, for example.  So there hasn't been any race mixing in tens of thousands of years.
Race and species are not the same thing.

But the term "mixed race" bothers me, too. It's a social construct.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

trdsf

Quote from: Mermaid on February 28, 2015, 08:33:13 AM
Race and species are not the same thing.

But the term "mixed race" bothers me, too. It's a social construct.

Point taken.  Though I have heard 'mixed race' used as though the speaker considered it to be interspecies.  My point is only that the genetic differences between Caucasian me and an Asian or African/whatever are so small that the idea of trying to divide humanity up by physiology just can't fit in my brain without a great big WTF tag hanging from it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Ro3bert

Quote from: Poison Tree on January 30, 2015, 04:51:55 PM
Last week my dad made a joke about god being a black woman and some (other) white man replied "god doesn't have an ethnicity; he is white". Too many white people view themselves not as a race or culture but as "normal". Everyone else, they think, has a race or culture which prevents them from being white.

In "Mad Magazine" some years ago there was a picture of Charles Lindbergh after landing. He made the observation that he'd seen god on his flight across the Atlantic and commented "I saw God and she is black". That was back in the fifties or early sixties, what a gas.

Robert

Ro3bert

Quote from: trdsf on February 28, 2015, 05:28:44 PM
Point taken.  Though I have heard 'mixed race' used as though the speaker considered it to be interspecies.  My point is only that the genetic differences between Caucasian me and an Asian or African/whatever are so small that the idea of trying to divide humanity up by physiology just can't fit in my brain without a great big WTF tag hanging from it.

Lets face it in all probability if there were different "races" there would most likely be no chance of intermarrying and producing offspring. The term "race"  is not true; we are all Homo-sapiens what ever skin color and what ever ethnic background.

Robert

Munch

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

But above all, who can resist Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnsons pearly white smile?

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GSOgymrat

I recently submitted a DNA sample to Ancentry.com to determine my genetic background. The results will take about 6-8 weeks and I anticipate by background is going to be British and Scandinavian but perhaps I will be surprised.

stromboli

mixed race women of Brazil