You Want To See How Much Sway The Mormon Cult Has In Utah?

Started by stromboli, September 07, 2015, 07:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vigg6yl_bY&feature=youtu.be

Mormon make up more than 65% of the state's population and 85% of the legislature because they vote as a bloc, naturally. The LDS church controls the legislature by threatening to excommunicate legislators that don't vote according to church policies. So basically they are putting themselves above the law as far as not reporting child abuse as a 1st Amendment right. You may gag when ready.

Baruch

Did you know that, before the Civil War started, President Lincoln wanted to send the Army to Utah to eliminate the Mormons?  He knew a lot about them, since he had lived in Illinois for a long time.  One problem that the existence of the Mormon church makes politically, is that all the other churches want their own damn states ;-(  Baptist-land, Episcopalian-land, Catholic-land (used to be Maryland) etc.  At that rate, atheists will be limited to the San Francisco peninsula ... Godless-silicon-land ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

I know that because I was a Mormon Elder who did Temple work and I am a direct descendant of Brigham Young. My last name is Young. I left the church at age 42. I post this on here because there is little to do about Mormonism on here, since I am  the only contributor who was a member. I spend much of my time on ex-Mormon websites counseling other people who are leaving the church.

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on September 08, 2015, 01:17:48 AM
I know that because I was a Mormon Elder who did Temple work and I am a direct descendant of Brigham Young. My last name is Young. I left the church at age 42. I post this on here because there is little to do about Mormonism on here, since I am  the only contributor who was a member. I spend much of my time on ex-Mormon websites counseling other people who are leaving the church.

Yes, someone who knows is always better than the ignorant, right?  But what I posted, shouldn't be taken as hostility to Mormonism ... just a reminder about church-state separation and past history.  In a free country, you are free to believe anything you want, and I am free to laugh at you or with you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

My Jack Mormon cousin all but left the church until he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  At which time, he scurried back to the church, and started making rather sizeable payments, and was pushed up through the Mormon hierarchy in what appeared to be some fast track last minute soul saving to make up for all his long life of philandering and church absence.  It seemed to me that money played a big role, although we didn't talk about that.  But I did see him handing envelopes of money to these Mormon kids who came to his door wearing their Mormon outfits on Sunday Morning.  I get the feeling the church is more like a corporate entity that generates money through extortion, and I don't mean that as an exaggeration.  It just seems like extortion to me.

Baruch

Sorry your cousin is sick unto death ;-(  But then we all are, at least after 25.  Some of us just take longer to go over-ripe.  You can live longer if you can fit into a refrigerator and you are Indiana Jones ;-))  So if he is still married ... how does his wife feel about being pulled into Heaven by her long hair?  Jus' askin'.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2015, 07:05:02 AM
Sorry your cousin is sick unto death ;-(  But then we all are, at least after 25.  Some of us just take longer to go over-ripe.  You can live longer if you can fit into a refrigerator and you are Indiana Jones ;-))  So if he is still married ... how does his wife feel about being pulled into Heaven by her long hair?  Jus' askin'.
He's been dead for about 10 years now.  He divorced his wife because she was getting in the way of his girlfriends, although I suspect there were also other marriage issues.  However, he wanted his kids to get his sizeable government pension, so he remarried his ex just before he died. 

There were some legal time constraints involved.  He had to be married for two months (or something) for his pension to transfer.  I kept telling him to get remarried right away, but he kept putting it off because of is girlfriends.  He was also somewhat in denial about the inevitability of his own death.  As it turned out, he remarried his ex, made it through the legal time period for pension eligibility, and died just a day or two after he met the two month requirement (Now tell me there isn't a god  :biggrin:).

I met his wife.  It was obvious he didn't care about her, but I couldn't tell if she cared about him or not, although she informed his girlfriends they were not wanted at the funeral.  She was also a Mormon, so maybe she was relieved that he came back to the church to save her soul.  I don't know.  I suspect she believed that crap about eternal bliss on Kaleb (or whatever it's called) in the afterlife.  The pension must have been nice too.

He suffered greatly with the cancer, especially at the end, and the rekindling of his partnership with the Mormon Church added a bizarre quality to his suffering and death.  It was classic last minute repentance after a life of freedom, fornication, and back-slidin'.  His life of pleasure and autonomy must have created a bit of inner conflict, unless he was sure he would have enough time to do a last minute soul save.  But I wouldn't trust myself to be that lucky.  But then the promise of eternal bliss is such a transparent con-game, I couldn't believe than nonsense, even if I wanted.

stromboli

SGOS

Quote from: stromboli on September 08, 2015, 10:19:10 AM
Thank you. Nobody ever acquiesced to me before.

Yeah, that's not usually the norm around here.

Baruch

"He was also somewhat in denial about the inevitability of his own death." ... most people are ;-)  I don't consider my retirement to be inevitable ... that would be something worth believing in ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Termin

Quote from: stromboli on September 08, 2015, 01:17:48 AM

That's really sad, if I was part of an organization in which  when people left they needed some sort of help like that.. I would seriously have to reconsider my membership in that organization.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.