News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nuclear strike imminent

Started by Nonsensei, March 07, 2013, 10:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "Davka"The obvious solution to the NK problem is educating their population. We need to carpet-bomb the country with "care packages" containing food, satellite radios, shoes, and pamphlets telling the people that there's plenty more where that came from.
Pamphlets and food packages and all that stuff has been sent over before by way of thousands of balloons. The government simply shoots anyone who touches them.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Davka

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"
Quote from: "Davka"The obvious solution to the NK problem is educating their population. We need to carpet-bomb the country with "care packages" containing food, satellite radios, shoes, and pamphlets telling the people that there's plenty more where that came from.
Pamphlets and food packages and all that stuff has been sent over before by way of thousands of balloons. The government simply shoots anyone who touches them.
Thousands of balloons are nowhere near enough. What's needed are tens of millions, perhaps even hundreds of millions, of parachutes dropped by planes. Saturate the place so heavily that the government cannot possibly keep up with the volume. This has the added effect of demonstrating that there really is more where that came from, since we can afford to give away such massive quantities of stuff.

And even at these levels of giving, it would still be way cheaper than war.

Farroc

To paraphrase Bill Hicks, you could get harder shit off the streets of New York than you could from the North Korean military.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Hydra009

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"I don't understand your reaction at all. I tried to tell you how the other side(s) see the picture and that I didn't find the way you are looking at it this realistic at all. I tried to address the problem the way I see. You are looking at a picture, seeing something different, other people are looking at the same picture and seeing something completely different.
I know that and trust me, I understand and to some extent sympathize with these criticisms far better than you give me credit for (writing me off as a naive believer in "USA is the defender of freedom and democracy" was a seriously bad idea on your part, along with aforementioned "dictatorship" mistake) and I'm more than willing to hear those criticisms out.  But your ...rant, for lack of a better term, is not exactly fertile ground for a serious discussion at all.

I mean, seriously, "Every country has a right to defend and protect itself against their appointed enemy, to produce the weaponry their enemy already has."  In this thread?  This thread?!  The thread about NK well on its way to developing nuclear weapons and threatening to use them.  Seriously?  Seriously???!  Sweet Jesus tap-dancing zombie Christ, that's bonkers!

And there's the rest of that part is not better:

Quote-Nobody has to accept and follow American policy.
-Nobody has to accept American culture.
-Nobody has to call bad what Americans call 'bad' or call good what Americans call 'good'.
-Nobody has to accept American 'freedom' and life style.
-No culture has to be approved by Americans and their culture to exist."

I mean, FFS, who is claiming they have to?

I just don't get it.  I don't get why you'd think that was a serious argument.  Or that I'd have to take something like that seriously.  Utterly baffling.

QuoteWhat did I exactly do here this uncivil and insane that you suddenly decided to drop the conversation and invite people to knock sense in to me?
I've quoted them specifically.  Rhetoric that goes way beyond the pale.  I can debate someone has a criticism of a specific policy or is critical of the interventionist approach.  I can't debate someone who refuses to acknowledge even the simplest kindness from one country to another.  (Ever heard the term humanitarian aid?   #-o)

I see your post and I don't see an opposing point of view.  I see you talking absolute nonsense and expecting me to seriously debate you on it.

And I just can't do that.  Can't.  Sorry.   :Hangman:

I need a drink.  And a shower.

Hydra009

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"You are exaggerating and taking this way too personal.
1) I wish I was exaggerating.  Quoted you word for word.
2) I am indeed taking it too personal.  And far too seriously.  I should've just ignored it like everyone else did.  But I tried to correct grossly inaccurate statements and have some sort of dialogue about this, which was obviously misguided.

QuoteAbout the NK, I have never took the threat news -which is so obviously a posture as stated here- seriously, so I have never thought it was offensive to write that in this thread.
Apparently you didn't.

Goodbye.

VaasMontenegro

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"You are exaggerating and taking this way too personal.
1) I wish I was exaggerating.  Quoted you word for word.
2) I am indeed taking it too personal.  And far too seriously.  I should've just ignored it like everyone else did.  But I tried to correct grossly inaccurate statements and have some sort of dialogue about this, which was obviously misguided.

QuoteAbout the NK, I have never took the threat news -which is so obviously a posture as stated here- seriously, so I have never thought it was offensive to write that in this thread.
Apparently you didn't.

Goodbye.

The North Korean leadership seem to be rather petulant and they seem rather serious about starting a war and destroying South Korea, they genuinely believe they have the resources to defeat the rest of the world and I wouldn't underestimate their stupidity. They would likely be crushed in days, but they don't seem to think that that is possible.
"I\'m not a schemer. I just try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are."