News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nuclear strike imminent

Started by Nonsensei, March 07, 2013, 10:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

I'm scared. somebody hold me! :lol:
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

dawiw

The North Korean govt, is making it's people suffer from self-inflicted sanctions.

If they did launch a nuclear strike. China and Russia may cut their and support completely.

The US has enough resources to stop such an attack.
I remain unconvinced by any claims anyone has ever made about the existence or the power of a divine force operating in the universe."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Atheon

If NK launched a nuclear strike, it would be a suicidal action by NK and its leadership. The regime would be finished and KJU would be dead.

I agree with another poster that KJU is bluffing to test the mettle of the new SK president.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "dawiw"If they did launch a nuclear strike. China and Russia may cut their and support completely.

Russia may or may not, but China almost certainly would.  We are their largest market, absorbing 17% of their exports, and Europe is close behind at 16%.  I think we'd be able to carry Europe with us in a demand that China stop their support.  With 33% of their trade as leverage, I'm sure we could get down to brass tacks with them.
<insert witty aphorism here>

GurrenLagann

I call bullshit. But what if they're suicidal, and get of a few nukes before we [presumably] retaliate? :O *debbie-downer*
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Jason78

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "dawiw"If they did launch a nuclear strike. China and Russia may cut their and support completely.

Russia may or may not, but China almost certainly would.  We are their largest market, absorbing 17% of their exports, and Europe is close behind at 16%.

Looks like the american market for Chinese fallout shelters is about to boom.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"A few things.. SK now has their first ever woman PM (or is it pres?) so NK wants to test her resolve. Women get little if any respect in NK if I'm not mistaken.
This is still the boy crying wolf. NK leadership can't rule over a big, uninhabited, radioactive rock for long. Eventually the rock will rebel so they need people there..

Nobody gets any respect in NK unless you're family of the dear leader...but even then you might wake up dead if you looked at him the wrong way (They do have female generals in NK...but they're family of the ruling party).
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Jmpty

???  ??

Wheatthins

I'm sorry, but you all seem to be forgetting that best Korea has declared the 53' peace agreement null and void.  Serious shit is going down.
//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Armistice_Agreement
QuoteIn March 2013, North Korea again announced that it was scrapping all non-aggression pacts with South Korea, along with other escalations such as closing the border and closing the direct phone line between the two Koreas. North Korea also stated that it had the right to make a preemptive nuclear attack.
I don\'t see alot of good or evil in the world, mostly just confused people.

Jmpty

This "war" would be over in a matter of hours. As soon as S.K. and the U.S. see an artillery muzzle flash in the direction of S.K., N.K. would cease to exist. It would be unfortunate, as some shells would most definitely land on Seoul, but it would be suicide on N.K.'s part. The analysts who say that there would be a million casualties in the first 24 hours fail to mention that 99% of those would be in the north.
???  ??

Wheatthins

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"They don't even have their traditional allies backing them on this one. China helped write the sanctions they're bitching about FFS.

That is exactly why you should be very scared.  Kim is backed into a corner on all fronts.  No China, Russia, Iran, or Venezuela to back him up or play with him.  Lets also consider that Kim has only been in power for a short time and that his control over his military leaders and advisers may not be as solid as his fathers was (remember when you don't have a legitimate legal process for the transfer of power from one leader to the next, you have to rely completely on loyalty and or fear)  Add to that the fact that kim jong un is still young and most likely inexperienced and may be prone to rash decisions.   Lets top it all off with the fact that the sanctions here are going straight towards hurting the ruling elite of NK.  If those people feel that their status and wealth is threatened because of the sanctions, they will either A: stop supporting Un outright further weakening his position  or B: get so mad and frustrated that they pressure Un to do whatever it takes to get their way of living back.
I don\'t see alot of good or evil in the world, mostly just confused people.

Nonsensei

The day North Korea uses a nuclear weapon for anything other than a test is the day North Korea ceases to exist. Not even Russia is going to want an unstable nuclear power that close to it.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Mister Agenda

I tend to be a bit of a peacenik, but I regard NK to be one of very few countries that might be better off if its capital city was turned to glass.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"I tend to be a bit of a peacenik, but I regard NK to be one of very few countries that might be better off if its capital city was turned to glass.

I can tell you that if there were a way to assassinate every member of the DPRK without killing anyone else I would support it.

And just so we never forget what we are dealing with: http://www.businessinsider.com/north-ko ... 012-6?op=1
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Davka

Glassing NK is a very, very bad idea. Imagine if Northern Maine was a separate country, and was threatening to nuke China. How do you think the USA would feel about Chins glassing Maine? Do you really imagine that fallout stays in the country that's nuked?

A nuclear attack on NK would be seen as an attack on China. Even if those nutbars toss a nuke at the USA, we will most likely retaliate with conventional weapons. Lots and lots of really fucking nasty conventional weapons.