News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Oath Keepers

Started by Solomon Zorn, April 17, 2015, 08:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20150415/NEWS/150419667/101064/NEWS

Quote from: MailTribuneThe co-owner of a Josephine County mining claim at the center of a land-use dispute with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management says an armed security presence by members of the Oath Keepers movement has "taken on a life of its own," and he is pleading for calm after supporters apparently phoned in threats to BLM employees.
"We don't need any more volunteers, we're not under attack, this is not the Bundy Ranch," said Sugar Pine Mine co-owner Rick Barclay. "Please stop calling the BLM and threatening their personnel."
This idiot called in the Oath Keepers, and now he's surprised that the problems are escalating.

Quote from: MailTribuneThe Oath Keepers is a nationwide organization made up of former and current U.S. military and law enforcement personnel who have pledged to disobey all "unconstitutional" orders. The group received significant media attention for its participation in a 2014 standoff with the BLM over Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy's cattle, which had been corralled by the agency for illegally grazing its lands. After Bundy's armed supporters confronted BLM rangers last April, the agency backed down and released the cattle.
Although his legal right to use the land may be valid, calling in this bunch is dangerous and foolish, in my opinion.

I would like to hear what you, guys who have been in the military, think of this notion they are espousing: that a soldier can choose what orders to follow, and apparently, interpret the US Constitution for himself.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

OMG!  Now we've got the Sons of Yosemite Sam to add to the Birthers, Creationists, and the NRA.  Who says America is not a diverse society?

Mike Cl

It has been quite some time since I've thought of this subject, but if I remember right, a soldier has the obligation to follow all lawful orders.  In other words, as was explained to me, I need not follow orders for me to kill civilians or other unlawful orders.  But I don't remember what the oath was that I took when swearing into the Army.  I imagine the constitution was mentioned--I'll have to look it up.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

Yeah, we took and oath to protect and defend the constitution. Remember it well.

QuoteI, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

Mike Cl

Quote from: stromboli on April 17, 2015, 10:10:20 AM
Yeah, we took and oath to protect and defend the constitution. Remember it well.
I'm sure I took that oath at least three times.  Just didn't remember it.  I do remember the class about what a lawful order was and how we should not follow unlawful orders.  It was the middle of the Nam conflict and that was a touchy subject in those days.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solitary

Just shows that taking an oath is worthless if not obeyed, and why should it be so help me God, if it isn't taken serious it doesn't make any difference whether a person believes in God? "Kill them all and let God decide!" Doctors take an oath also, and look what Dr. Oz does, along with many more that I have ran into. As far as I know the land can be used if a fee is paid to use it. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.