"When did you first notice that men were looking at you in a sexual way?"

Started by Valigarmander, April 12, 2015, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

Is it odd that I don't really care?

I can't do anything about it, so why should I care?

I may be a pervert myself, but I can't see myself in that position.

I just woke up like 10 minutes ago, so it's going to take a while for it to settle in.

Derp :eyes:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Hijiri Byakuren

I think this thread is making me more depressed than the actual Reddit discussion.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 12, 2015, 08:10:34 AM
yes I read accounts. they were just looking and we all know how perverted oldmen can be
That is just plain stupid!  So much to comment on.  If you read the accounts then you would see that they were about all ages of men, not just old.  All men can be perverted--young and old.  And I hate the use of the word 'perverted'--it makes it seem as though this is an act that is rare.  I don't think that it is.  In our society (and in many others), males are taught that they are superior than females; your parents don't even need to be the agent of that lesson, it permeates all of our society.  Religion is a real culprit as well as the business world and society in general.  Women are always being put into a subservient role in almost all areas.  Yes, biology plays a big part in this--the human sexual drive is quite powerful.  But that does not give any person the right to 'prey' on the opposite sex just because of your 'drives'. 

"They were just looking" is simply bullshit.  A woman with any self awareness can tell when a look is a look or a leer.  This smacks of victimizing the victim.  I taught my daughter (or tried to) two things.  That the way women look in ads (super skinny touted as the 'sexy' look) is simply unhealthy.  That if she ate in a sensible manner she will be at whatever weight she needs to be; and that is the real sexy way to look--I usually tried to push the healthy part and that good health will take care of the sexy part.  Second, I tried to make her aware of the male libido and what that could mean in various situations; and that she always needed to be aware of her surroundings and the people around her.   I never wanted he to be a victim of anything like any of the accounts listed above. 

My grandfather--an old man--made it clear he thought that the women of the world have been given a raw deal.  Not only was he an old man, but an 'old' world old man, and he clearly saw how our society was/is stacked against women.  As I grew up, I realized how right he is.  Maybe because I raised a daughter and not a son that makes me aware of the problems a girl/woman faces in all stages of their lives.  Men simply should not be allowed to feel that they can treat females as they wish, simply because they think they can. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 12, 2015, 08:22:12 AM
if touch yes, if not no. It's totally natural.
By the way, you are completely wrong about that kind of thing not doing very real damage.

You're also wrong about it being "natural". But whatever.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Green Bottle

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 12, 2015, 12:15:08 PM
I think this thread is making me more depressed than the actual Reddit discussion.
''this...

I read the 1st comment and that was enough for me, unfortunately for girls and women a hell of a lot of men do this sort of thing, and worse, and some of them think its acceptable and natural behavior,it FKN isnt.............. :wtff:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Mermaid

Quote from: Solitary on April 12, 2015, 10:34:06 AM
I have always wondered why woman like men after knowing how men are.
Far from all men are disrespectful and predatory, thanks be to Jeebus. I think men are sorta nifty as a rule, as a matter of fact.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

I just saw a video about Danica Patrick, and one comment was that she needed bigger tits. I find this ridiculous because she has one of the most perfect builds I have seen on a woman. Another one said she is ugly, and most said she can't drive because she is a woman---I guess they never heard of Shirley Muldowney, the best drag racer in her day period.

I hardly think she is flat chested or ugly:

Shirley Muldowney (born June 19, 1940 in Burlington, Vermont ), also known professionally as "Cha Cha" and the "First Lady of Drag Racing", is an American pioneer in professional auto racing. She was the first woman to receive a license from the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) to drive a Top Fuel dragster. She won the NHRA Top Fuel championship in 1977, 1980 and 1982, becoming the first person to win two and three Top Fuel titles. She won a total of 18 NHRA national events
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Mermaid on April 12, 2015, 12:22:00 PM
By the way, you are completely wrong about that kind of thing not doing very real damage.

You're also wrong about it being "natural". But whatever.

It is natural *Looks at primate video* totally natural its just given time we homo sapien sapiens think we are Totally "Civil" and above animals and I bet once electricity is shot well be off to the dark ages once again.

If the man is doing something other than looking at her its unlawful and unjust and the man should be punished but to say if a man just looks at her tits its mentally horrible ur fuking crazy. Those are the words of a Social Justice warrior aka Feminist Nazi that wants to have all men be smited.

I have penis so I feel threatened. I am not ashamed I have penis I'm ashamed most people on earth are retards.

antediluvian

Seriously?
This is stupid,
But I am thinking I am more stupid for actually reading it.
So, Shame on me
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Solitary

Whether women like it or not they are sex objects, but an awful lot of crude and rude men think that that means women are inferior and be treated like an object instead of another human being, which is BULL SHIT! I love women and always have, lesbian or straight, unless they get bitchy, but I've known men like that also.  :flowers:  :kidra: :cool: Solitary

Mermaid

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 12, 2015, 02:46:34 PM
It is natural *Looks at primate video* totally natural its just given time we homo sapien sapiens think we are Totally "Civil" and above animals and I bet once electricity is shot well be off to the dark ages once again.

If the man is doing something other than looking at her its unlawful and unjust and the man should be punished but to say if a man just looks at her tits its mentally horrible ur fuking crazy. Those are the words of a Social Justice warrior aka Feminist Nazi that wants to have all men be smited.

I have penis so I feel threatened. I am not ashamed I have penis I'm ashamed most people on earth are retards.
Is this a joke or something?

The stories of these women involve men who SPOKE TO THEM SEXUALLY and THREATENED THEM when they were children. That is not ok. Nobody is fucking saying you are a threat because you have a penis. Nobody is saying you're horrible if you look at someone's tits.

dtq123

Quote from: Mermaid on April 12, 2015, 03:35:20 PM

The stories of these women involve men who SPOKE TO THEM SEXUALLY and THREATENED THEM when they were children. That is not ok. Nobody is fucking saying you are a threat because you have a penis. Nobody is saying you're horrible if you look at someone's tits.

Oh, and here I thought I should castrate myself.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Solitary

Believe me, there are women out there that will do that for you. :eek: :pai: :biggrin2:

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on April 12, 2015, 03:35:20 PM

If you remember,  this is the same guy that wants to have sex with his relatives...

Sent from your mom.

Aletheia

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 12, 2015, 02:46:34 PM

It's totally natural for primates to routinely rape females. Just because something is "natural" for primates does not mean it will work in human society - especially the first world societies in which we are striving for equality.

Trivializing these legitimate grievances of women by implying they are merely complaining about an ambiguous look or mild looks of approval in what a man sees is not only fucked up no matter how you slice it... but it's also a straw man argument.

Lastly, as a woman who was not raised with much concern about being a sex object and taught to value a person's character above all else, I can honestly say that I am not threatened by the fact that you have a penis (and I am a rape survivor) and I have no desire for you to feel ashamed of your penis anymore than I feel I should be ashamed for having a vagina. 

Now that we have that cleared up, this is what the topic at hand is about - little girls (minors) being not only seen as sex objects but being made aware that these men only see them as sex objects. In some cases, these girls are touched inappropriately or molested. Furthermore, when these little girls grow into adult women, these same sorts of men make it known that to them, women are devoid of any meaningful humanity and are only sex objects. When men of this poor quality harass, touch, and molest such women, few people believe them. Family members, spouses, and even close friends take a stance similar to your own. They try to play down the severity of the issue.

Admitting that a significant portion of the male population have yet to recognize women's humanity and see them as a fuck toy does not paint all men in a bad light. Women aren't coming out in droves demanding all men be castrated. I, for one, am not asking for men to suffer or be treated as anything less than what they are - a human being with the right of being treated fairly and with respect. However, it is not logical to dismiss the atrocious behaviour of some men and downplay the legitimate grievances of women who were dehumanized because a lot of men are of good character and treat women with respect. It's not right to dismiss these grievances because men have a libido. Remember, women have a libido, and let's not forget that a woman's libido was suppressed for centuries. Asking men to tone down their libido enough to where everyone can get along isn't asking for much.

Yes, most everyone likes sex, and yes, men are stereotyped has having a much higher sex drive. This does not mean that men should be privileged to leer, stare, humiliate, make unwanted sexual advances, molest, or rape because they are a "victim" of their libido or their needs for sexual expression trumps the rights of others. This notion wouldn't work in a gay society of men - so why on Earth would it work in a straight society of men and women?

This is about civil rights and respect between human beings - not a penis versus vagina debate.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.