News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My challenge

Started by Logical One, March 30, 2015, 02:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

I am morally obligated to put in a good word for the Grateful Dead and Frank Zappa here.  Strangely, both times I saw Zappa in concert was within about a month of seeing the Dead in concert...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Aletheia

Admittedly, I do have the Apostrophe/Overnite Sensation album by Frank Zappa. It was one of my dad's favourite albums, so that made for an interesting childhood.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

trdsf

Quote from: Aletheia on April 04, 2015, 04:13:54 PM
Admittedly, I do have the Apostrophe/Overnite Sensation album by Frank Zappa. It was one of my dad's favourite albums, so that made for an interesting childhood.
I got turned on to Frank Zappa by my mom of all people, back in the mid-70s, about the same time I got turned on to the Firesign Theater.  In fact, it was Apostrophe'.  Though I think the Joe's Garage set is probably my favorite, closely followed by Just Another Band from L.A..
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

stromboli

Wow, old people. Firesign Theater?  "Eat it! Eat it raw! Raw raw raw!" Principle jumps up "That's the spirit!" Been there. Zappa not so much.  Saw The Dead in concert at the Boston Music Hall while in the Navy. Much drugs was consumed..... girlfriend was a buxom redhead who got mightily high and ran down and on to the stage, fought her way past security and kissed Jerry Garcia on the mouth. Then got chucked off the stage. Ah, the good old days.....

Vampirella, Head Comix by R. Crumb, all that. Yeah I remember.  Boston is an awesome town. :super:

Jason78

Where did he go?   I wanted to see his awesome debating skills.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: trdsf on April 04, 2015, 06:24:59 PM
I got turned on to Frank Zappa by my mom of all people, back in the mid-70s, about the same time I got turned on to the Firesign Theater.  In fact, it was Apostrophe'.  Though I think the Joe's Garage set is probably my favorite, closely followed by Just Another Band from L.A..

I got Joe's Garage, Sheikh Yerbouti, Broadway The Hard Way and The Man From Utopia.  All brilliant!  :mrgreen:

Solitary

:embarrassed: I liked this band that I played in when I was 15 years old. https://youtu.be/cHr4XQ9SEcg
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

This clown hasn't been on in 5 days. Did he bail from his "challenge"?

trdsf

Quote from: Solitary on April 05, 2015, 01:18:13 PM
:embarrassed: I liked this band that I played in when I was 15 years old. https://youtu.be/cHr4XQ9SEcg
Oh, I love me some Gene Krupa.  Always been a Benny Goodman fan; stumbling across the recording of the '38 Carnegie Hall concert was a life-altering moment.

SkyChief

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 05, 2015, 01:22:55 PM
This clown hasn't been on in 5 days. Did he bail from his "challenge"?

Buckled under pressure.

It's a tough row to hoe.

We understand,,,,

No hard feelings. 
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."    - Albert Einstein

AllPurposeAtheist

PICK ME! PICK ME! OSCAR MIKE GOLF! OSCAR MIKE GOLF!

lima oscar lima.... :dance:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Deidre32

Now the challenge is to figure out when OP will return to do the challenge. Oohhhh...I'm breathless with anticipation.
^_^
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi