News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Female Circumcision

Started by Jmpty, April 08, 2015, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Thanks Jmpty!  Interesting read. It looks like female circumcision has the same dynamics as religion, becoming part of a group from childhood indoctrination in a man's world. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aletheia

Not surprising that the cultural and religious pressures that perpetuate female circumcision are similar to those that perpetuate male circumcision. I do feel sorry for those women who will lose the ability to fully enjoy orgasm - much like circumcised men will lose a significant portion of their sensitivity.

I'll never understand how the idea that genitals (among the most sensitive, if not the most sensitive parts of the body) need to be cut. My mind has difficulty imagining the first man or woman allowing another to cut on them which in turn starts a trend. Strength or courage be damned - some part of the brain should have a "protect the genitals for the sake of reproduction" instinct that kicks in under such circumstances.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Mermaid

Quote from: Aletheia on April 08, 2015, 08:11:30 PM
Not surprising that the cultural and religious pressures that perpetuate female circumcision are similar to those that perpetuate male circumcision. I do feel sorry for those women who will lose the ability to fully enjoy orgasm - much like circumcised men will lose a significant portion of their sensitivity.

No, nothing like men. Female circumcision involves the removal of the clitoris.

Male circumcision, while I am not a fan of it, is not in the same ballpark.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mermaid on April 08, 2015, 08:34:47 PM
No, nothing like men. Female circumcision involves the removal of the clitoris.

Male circumcision, while I am not a fan of it, is not in the same ballpark.
Yeah, the clitoris is more equivalent to the full head of the penis, while the foreskin more or less corresponds to the clitoral hood. Still unpleasant, but definitely not in the same ballpark, as you said.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel