Republican ‘Abstinence-Only’ Crusader’s 17-Year-Old Daughter Is Pregnant

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, April 07, 2015, 03:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Abstinence-only policies are so effective and well thought out that I think they should be applied to other aspects of life.

Don't wear seatbelts, just try not to get in a car accident.
Don't get vaccinated, just stay away from sick people.
Don't wear life jackets, just stay away from water.

It works great if nothing bad happens!

Desdinova

People gonna fuck!  Always have always will.  Deep down we are all promiscuous little primates.  Preaching abstinence don't do shit.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Desdinova on April 08, 2015, 04:44:45 PM
People gonna fuck!  Always have always will.  Deep down we are all promiscuous little primates.  Preaching abstinence don't do shit.

Amen to that!   :pray:

Jason78

All joking aside. I'm at a loss as to why anyone would expect an abstinence only approach to work. 

If I were in charge of sex education I'd have a "make sure you trust this person" approach and then a discussion of the options.

And besides, in a world where it rains every so often, wouldn't you be pissed off if some guy knew about umbrellas and didn't tell you?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason78 on April 09, 2015, 01:24:28 PMAnd besides, in a world where it rains every so often, wouldn't you be pissed off if some guy knew about umbrellas and didn't tell you?
It's your own fault for getting wet.  You wouldn't be wet if you weren't outside all the time.  :P

trdsf

Really, when you think about it, the answer's pretty simple.  Since abstinence-only doesn't work, encourage gay sex.  That way everyone's getting their jollies, and no one's getting pregnant.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on April 09, 2015, 07:34:28 PM
Really, when you think about it, the answer's pretty simple.  Since abstinence-only doesn't work, encourage gay sex.  That way everyone's getting their jollies, and no one's getting pregnant.
Obviously.  And in addition we should pass laws saying you can't sell pizza to people who don't engage in gay sex, or to heterosexuals who are not willing to change their sexual orientation through various counseling programs made available under Obamacare.

Ace101

When are the going to stone her for not being a virgin on her wedding night?

Hijiri Byakuren

Oh. Oh the irony. It's so delicious. Cry some more, crusaders! Cry some more!

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solomon Zorn

With one exception (that I regret to this day), being a fanatical Christian never deterred me from having sex at every opportunity, when I was a teenager.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Gawdzilla Sama

QuoteRepublican ‘Abstinence-Only’ Crusader’s 17-Year-Old Daughter Is Pregnant

Not mine.

Probably not mine.

Uh, do we have a picture?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers