A New Era in Exorcism: Religion Doubles Down With Increased Woo

Started by SGOS, April 15, 2015, 03:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://news.yahoo.com/video/exorcism-rise-credited-part-pope-070419805.html

Here's a 4 or 5 minute news clip about the increase in exorcist certifications in the Catholic Church.  Actually, it's about exorcism in general, Catholic or not.  I don't usually do the face palm thing, but I did several during this video.  Catholic clergy don't all agree, some claim the Pope is the cause.  Other's point to popular culture.  It includes actual footage of exorcisms being performed, but it looks staged to me.  There are three young girls who look like they may have gained popularity on a reality show who exorcise demons in the clip.  It reminds me children looking to break their boredom by pretending to summon spirits.

One Priest warns, "If you try this at home, you are playing with fire." 

So take this to heart.  Best leave Exorcism to the professionals.

stromboli

By all means let us traumatize a new generation of  mackerel snappers and have them fearing every form of aberrant behavior is demon possession. Yup, put them medical professionals right out of business. And I'll do the face palm for you.

:doh:

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm a demon..I was weighed at the VA last week and I weigh 166.6  THAT'S  3 FUCKING 6's! :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Desdinova

This might explain the sex abuse scandal!  I bet those priests were trying to exorcise the butt demon!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

SGOS

Join the Church and choose from our wide variety of supernatural experiences, scandals, and wonders too numerous to list.  Eat the actual body of Christ.  Drink his blood (You know you always wanted to do that).  And back by popular demand, watch as an accused witch is thrown into the lake.  If she floats, she's a witch.  If she drowns, she's not a witch.  Help take our country back!

stromboli

These people aren't stupid. They understand that demonic possession happens only to people who believe in it. Just like seeing or experiencing ghosts and apparitions. Keep them believing and they'll buy into the whole line of bullshit.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 15, 2015, 03:44:54 PM
I'm a demon..I was weighed at the VA last week and I weigh 166.6  THAT'S  3 FUCKING 6's! :eek:
Well, gain some weight already.  Last week a demon took over my body.  You weighed 166.6.  Coincidence??  I think not!

Munch

I wore a red shirt today, and passed by a poster of the movie Horns

Uh Oooooooh :O
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Desdinova on April 15, 2015, 03:46:23 PM
This might explain the sex abuse scandal!  I bet those priests were trying to exorcise the butt demon!
Ah, yes, Beelzebutt!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

1liesalot

Quote from: SGOS on April 15, 2015, 03:33:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/exorcism-rise-credited-part-pope-070419805.html

Here's a 4 or 5 minute news clip about the increase in exorcist certifications in the Catholic Church.  Actually, it's about exorcism in general, Catholic or not.  I don't usually do the face palm thing, but I did several during this video.  Catholic clergy don't all agree, some claim the Pope is the cause.  Other's point to popular culture.  It includes actual footage of exorcisms being performed, but it looks staged to me.  There are three young girls who look like they may have gained popularity on a reality show who exorcise demons in the clip.  It reminds me children looking to break their boredom by pretending to summon spirits.

One Priest warns, "If you try this at home, you are playing with fire." 

So take this to heart.  Best leave Exorcism to the professionals.

I bet you an money Obama has had a hand in that whole demon multiplication thing.

SGOS

Quote from: 1liesalot on April 15, 2015, 08:24:10 PM
I bet you an money Obama has had a hand in that whole demon multiplication thing.
Yes, upon the arrival of the Antichrist, many demons will also awaken and become his minions.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on April 15, 2015, 08:28:57 PM
Yes, upon the arrival of the Antichrist, many demons will also awaken and become his minions.
Isn't Obama the Antichrist?  Or is that what you meant?  And the many demons are already in place--they live in a place called Congress.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

Quote from: Munch on April 15, 2015, 04:32:26 PM
I wore a red shirt today, and passed by a poster of the movie Horns

Uh Oooooooh :O

HIDE.  :eek: