News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Blasphemy, I can and I will......

Started by Brian37, March 30, 2015, 08:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sph8Qu8wLAk (Fuck The Pope Song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDnxv6eFNg (Mr Deity Fuck you Pope)

Penn Gillette in "God No", "fuck faith". (From his book)

Oh and fuck you Ben Affleck.

Yes, I am with Bill Maher, religion needs to GROW THE FUCK UP!

I find it laughable and sad at the same time that people are more concerned with getting their claims picked on and their gods picked on, than say discrimination against gays, Christians murdered by Isis and minority Muslims depending,  and atheists in the Middle East living under real threat of death, and some fucking crybabies here in the states get their diapers in a bunch because because someone cussed them out.

Only an idiot thinks being insulted is worse than being murdered over an insult. And only an idiot thinks cuss words or blasphemy should be banned in all contexts to keep the peace. I am fucking tired of my well intended PC friends on the left. Political correctness is what the state of Iran is, they force their population to never say boo to the state or their religion. Saudi Arabia is a a sexist xenophobic state which does not allow women to drive, on top of calling atheists terrorists and also having them arrested flogged and also under threat of the death penalty for blasphemy.

Now do not ask me to give one flying fuck about anyone who would insist on religious fascism and have the childish petty nerve to equate mere words to fascism. Religion deserves no blind value and anyone hiding behind it to coddle insecurities are the ones who need to grow up. There are 7 billion humans and the reality is we will not always say nice things about each other.

Yes I will keep repeating myself, and fuck anyone who wants to claim my repetition is "militant". Militant is demanding laws that deny others rights. Militant is using mob rule and state sanctioned violence and censorship to keep people from dissent. Everyone reading this gets to go to bed at night and that civility is also done knowing we don't have to like each other or only say nice things about each other.

And specifically to this page, I have said elsewhere this post is not due to any one person, but a general online social media reaction to well intended people who do not understand that insisting on taboos 100% as a blanket tactic all the time is the very long term thing that can and will bite a society in the ass. There simply is no one way to public discourse and should always be case by case and "depends" on who and what and when in context.

Empathy is also knowing humans like to bitch, and the only pragmatic way to manage it isn't to prevent others from speaking ill of you, but how you respond when they do. Censorship is as a blanket solution does not work.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

PickelledEggs

Cool the fuck off, Brian. Did you not read what I said? or are you too much in your temper tantrum that your view is narrowed?

Yes the world needs provokers and militant atheists in atheist activism, but there are multiple ways of going about it and it's not everyone's style to go out and make enemies with 85% if the population. Some people just want to live their fucking lives. Some of those people are atheists on this forum. They don't care. It's not in THEIR priorities for THEIR life to go around being a pushy, insistent, and provoking atheist. Not everyone is you, and not everyone has YOUR life values and life priorities.... Is your way of thinking so "great" that everyone should live your life the way you think is best for you? That seems oddly familiar with what an inflated ego says.... Who was just bashing the concept of egos? oh yeah. You.

Now I am repeating myself. I like Bill Maher. So far, I have enjoyed everything he has to say about religions... He's funny, and harsh... he has one of the styles that we need for atheist activism, but if every atheist was like Bill Maher, atheists would INSTANTLY become even more of an enemy to the world.... not because we are challenging traditions that have been in place for thousands and thousands of years (not that that's a bad thing to challenge, but that it's a tough thing for people to think contrary to when it's been ingrained in them and losing that tradition can be like losing who they are and it can hurt) but also because we would all look like belligerent assholes...

We need those assholes that point the harms of religion, but we also need the atheists that show the world that we are individuals... and can be compassionate and loving towards other people... not just intolerant and hateful towards people that believe something stupid. We need ALL of it. Why do you care if we said Bill Maher said something wrong? Is he the infallible pope of atheism to you or something and "can do no wrong"?

You want to be a blasphemous jerk? Go ahead. I might want to join you because that's my style too a good part of the time. But don't go around telling everyone they need to be doing the same thing as you.

Brian37

Stop, why are you focused on me? If your going to tell me to "cool off" how about the guys in the videos are you just simply going to cherry pick whom you object to?

If you are not attacking them then you miss the point of why I do what they do and why I do what I do. Be consistent if you are going to do this.

The point again is not to stop anyone from believing. The point is to insure that no monopolies arise in the form of taboos. Otherwise if you are going to equate my words here on par with oppression then you are the one giving those oppressors cover.

Now I cannot state enough no one is interested, especially not me, in forcing religion out of existence by use of law. This is about preventing pedestals to avoid criticism, nothing more. Now if you are going to blast me then blast those guys too. If not, then accept on a planet of 7 billion all of us could think of things we would like others not to say. That is a very dangerous game for anyone to play.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

PickelledEggs

You seem to be under the impression that we all hate militant atheists when we are saying that there are "more than 1 way to skin a cat". The thing a lot of us have a problem with is that Bill Maher and (seemingly you too, but correct me if I'm wrong) are saying all atheists should be actively mocking religion. Not everyone wants to be an activist. Some people just want to mind their own business.

Sent from your mom.

Brian37

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 30, 2015, 12:09:31 PM
You seem to be under the impression that we all hate militant atheists when we are saying that there are "more than 1 way to skin a cat". The thing a lot of us have a problem with is that Bill Maher and (seemingly you too, but correct me if I'm wrong) are saying all atheists should be actively mocking religion. Not everyone wants to be an activist. Some people just want to mind their own business.

Sent from your mom.

You show me where I said everyone had to do what I do in every context and be like me. I never said that. Do not rightfully say "there is more than one way to skin a cat" AND I AGREE and then allow some NOT ALL atheists the cover that sexists, bigots and homophobes get out from that tactic.

Yes do what you want, but do not slap blanket solutions on anyone. Again, show me where I demanded everyone do what i do? Fascism is the very definition of demanding others do things the way you do. I am only saying it is a BAD IDEA to slap one blanket tactic to all situations.

The reality is that all 7 billion humans will not always like each other or only always say nice things.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Brian37 on March 30, 2015, 12:17:26 PM
You show me where I said everyone had to do what I do in every context and be like me. I never said that. Do not rightfully say "there is more than one way to skin a cat" AND I AGREE and then allow some NOT ALL atheists the cover that sexists, bigots and homophobes get out from that tactic.

Yes do what you want, but do not slap blanket solutions on anyone. Again, show me where I demanded everyone do what i do? Fascism is the very definition of demanding others do things the way you do. I am only saying it is a BAD IDEA to slap one blanket tactic to all situations.

The reality is that all 7 billion humans will not always like each other or only always say nice things.

Ok then maybe I misinterpreted what you were saying since it seemed like you were arguing with me about what I was saying. We seem to be on the same page.

Brian37

After a while most people understand that, but there really are atheists and PC left theists that act like you are a mass murderer if you use a cuss word or say boo to anyone.

Solitary

This is hilarious because this is just the thing Bill Maher was addressing. Way to go Brian37!  :super: "If we don't let our tempers sustain justice there never will be justice!" Maybe all atheists don't want to criticize religion, but we sure as hell shouldn't be criticizing those who do, but the ones who are religious. Hypocrites! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Brian37

Yes what is patently butnuts stupid is to equate Bill to being just as bad or even equal to an oppressor. I've never herd him demand you like him, people even on the left call him an asshole, AND THAT is the point. No one is forced by law to like someone else. If someone is worried about his rightful condemnation of religious bigotry and oppressive laws, they have their priorities way out of whack. Don't get angry at the person getting angry at the right people. If you don't want to jump in an do the same fine, but to equate Bill to fascism is nuts.

doorknob

I must have missed that fascism thread. I just want to say that I support free speech at any cost. Unpopular speech is protected in my country except unfortunately hate speech. Not that I support hate speech but it is unpopular and the exact thing that needs protected. suppressing peoples voices isn't going to change their minds and hearts in fact it may even mask that there is a problem in the first place. After all you can help some one who never speaks up.

So yes freedom of speech should be protected no matter what. Even hate speech.

stromboli

Hate speech is "free speech" only in a society that allows any speech. currently we are somewhere speech wise between you can't use the N word, but don't videotape a cop beating a protester, you'll get arrested. Between McCarthyism in the 50's and the current police state we are becoming, free speech is nonexistent in real terms.

doorknob

you are right that's why we should be protecting even hate speech. But sadly we are not. We are doing what is popular not right.