Phil Robertson fantasizes about atheist family getting raped, murdered

Started by Valigarmander, March 24, 2015, 03:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: Munch on March 25, 2015, 09:06:56 PM
Of course, and it all bottles down to being pulled out of their comfort zone, the zone in which people tell them they are all going to live eternally, that all the things their irrational mind is afraid of, like different skin color, sexual orientation, wealth, disability, all those degenerates will disappear and they will get to spend eternity on a cloud with white clean cut circumscribed people.
Funny how heaven works out to be just that, a place where none of your irrational bigoted fears exists.

Lol Munch change pulled to drag kicking and screaming and I'm on board.  :biggrin:

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Logical One

Atheists are being such hypocrites about this. First off apparently now Phil Robertson represents all Christianity. Hmm, I guess I'll choose Stalin to represent all atheists than.
Second he NEVER fantasized about it. He was merely making a point about morality and atheism (which I don't necessarily agree with), and simply used murder and rape to really emphasize his point. Atheists are acting like he admitted he masturbates furiously to the thoughts or raping and murdering children, and would do it for reals if it weren't for that pesky Jesus!

Solitary

So Christians don't murder and rape? You are being disingenuous and being illogical by using slick maneuvers to show that Christianity is a good religion when 2,000+ years of history, when even now show it isn't with Christians using Scripture and authority that knows no more about God than what they were taught by others that don't either to do evil.

Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Logical One

Quote from: Solitary on March 26, 2015, 11:17:23 AM
So Christians don't murder and rape? You are being disingenuous and being illogical by using slick maneuvers to show that Christianity is a good religion when 2,000+ years of history, when even now show it isn't with Christians using Scripture and authority that knows no more about God than what they were taught by others that don't either to do evil.

Solitary
I'm not saying I agree with him, just that religion should, for a normal person, be an extra motivator not to do evil since they know they will be judged.

GSOgymrat

QuoteAtheists are being such hypocrites about this. First off apparently now Phil Robertson represents all Christianity. Hmm, I guess I'll choose Stalin to represent all atheists than.
Second he NEVER fantasized about it. He was merely making a point about morality and atheism (which I don't necessarily agree with), and simply used murder and rape to really emphasize his point. Atheists are acting like he admitted he masturbates furiously to the thoughts or raping and murdering children, and would do it for reals if it weren't for that pesky Jesus!

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 24, 2015, 06:07:15 PM
I think this says everything about how Phil Robertson's mind works and nothing about atheism.

It also says nothing about Christianity.

Logical One

The thing is atheists are saying Phil said thing he never did. He never said he wanted atheists raped and killed, he was just creating a hypothetical scenario to try and help emphasize his point.

Desdinova

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Logical One

Quote from: Desdinova on March 26, 2015, 12:03:17 PM
Well he picked a pretty shitty scenario.
It's no worse than people who do the "by that logic, Hitler..." argument that I hear people, mainly atheists use.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Logical One on March 26, 2015, 12:05:02 PM
It's no worse than people who do the "by that logic, Hitler..." argument that I hear people, mainly atheists use.

Hitler was a christian.
QuoteMy feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.
Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Solitary

That's a fabrication, he was not a true Christian! Touché atheists.  :pidu: :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aroura33

Quote from: Aletheia on March 24, 2015, 05:44:59 PM
Why not both?

Agreed. His message was intended for like-minded patriarchal Christian men as a scare tactic to reaffirm their belief and take action to infringe upon the rights of others.

Christianity is morally bankrupt since it is inconsistent with its "justice." Hell for eternity for believing the wrong faith, leaving the faith, or being born homosexual, but those who choose to do horrendous acts such as murder, rape, and torture can be saved by asking for forgiveness.

If I were him, I'd be more worried about other Christians breaking into his house and emasculating him in the same way - because a Christian perpetrator knows he can always ask for forgiveness.
Worse actually. While many sects do proscribe to the forgiveness model of sin, the evangelicals and other more extreme sects believe that just the act of belief is what counts. Believers get into heaven, regardless of good acts. Non believers or even people who express doubt are the ones going to hell. Some sins, like homosexuality, will automatically get you into hell, but because they believe we are all born sinners (I once heard a woman tell a room full of 7 year olds that babies cry because they are sinful and selfish), "minor" sins are just considered in our nature, and Jesus died to expunge all of that kind of sin both past and present.

This distorted view of reality really seems to screw up their sense of accountability.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Logical One

Quote from: Moralnihilist on March 26, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
Hitler was a christian.Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)
What I'm saying is that atheist will often use Hitler in their comparison, just search up Godwin's Law. So using murder and rape in your comparison is no worse than using Hitler.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Logical One on March 26, 2015, 06:19:30 PM
What I'm saying is that atheist will often use Hitler in their comparison, just search up Godwin's Law. So using murder and rape in your comparison is no worse than using Hitler.
You brought it up, mate. Reap what you sow.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

Quote from: Logical One on March 26, 2015, 06:19:30 PM

godwins law is just a means of invalidating the comparison, godwins law is so overused even when using hitler as an example in any debate results in godwins law being the only rebuttal used.

QuoteYou brought it up, mate. Reap what you sow.

I do love the irony.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin