Phil Robertson fantasizes about atheist family getting raped, murdered

Started by Valigarmander, March 24, 2015, 03:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valigarmander

He's trying to make a point about the superiority of Christian morality.
QuoteOn Friday, “Trunews” host Rick Wiles aired a speech that Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty delivered at the Vero Beach Prayer Breakfast earlier that day, in which Robertson offered gruesome details about how an atheist father would react to watching intruders behead his wife and rape and kill his two daughters while they also cut off his penis .... which would supposedly somehow prove a point about following God’s laws.

“I’ll make a bet with you,” Robertson said. “Two guys break into an atheist’s home. He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him. And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot them and they take his wife and then decapitate her head off in front of him. And then they can look at him and say, ‘Isn’t it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn’t it great that there’s nothing wrong with this? There’s no right or wrong, now is it dude?’”

Robertson kept going: “Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, ‘Wouldn’t it be something if this [sic] was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We’re sick in the head, have a nice day.’”

“If it happened to them,” Robertson continued, “they probably would say, ‘something about this just ain’t right.”

Desdinova

It would be OK if God told them to do it.  Fucking idiots.  No, actually an idiot is smarter than these fucks.  There is no mental classification low enough to describe these useless assholes.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

stromboli

Robertson is an actor who is using his right wing BS just to prod people. Fuck him.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

I don't understand why Christians have such a hard time grasping the concept that the lack of an external, absolute morality =/= a lack of morality entirely.

Jason78

Phil Robertson believes that those two guys could repent of their sins and be saved by Jesus.  Everything forgiven and life everlasting in paradise.

Is that right?  Is that good?  Is it moral?

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

Aroura33

The man can't even string a coherent sentence together.  Probably like most of the people who give a crap about his opinion.

Also, anyone else note how in the story he tells the women are all just props used to punish the atheist man?  Typical Christian BS.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

SGOS

Oh Hell.  The man has found his calling is all.  He's figured out how to make money by being a stupid red neck.

Desdinova

My fantasy is for him to be raped and sodomized by a flock of horny mallards sporting enormous horse dicks.  Duck Cummander!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Hydra009

Quote from: Aroura33 on March 24, 2015, 04:47:31 PMAlso, anyone else note how in the story he tells the women are all just props used to punish the atheist man?
Yeah.  In these sorts of hypotheticals, they always go for the most disastrous outcome possible.  Not being able to protect the women is a severe failure in the traditional (aka patriarchal) view of the role of men.  And of course, next comes literally losing one's manhood.  The guy is doubly emasculated.

Aletheia

Quote from: SGOS on March 24, 2015, 04:40:33 PM
I keep wondering if he's just a sicko or trolling for Jesus.

Why not both?

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 24, 2015, 05:32:24 PM
Yeah.  In these sorts of hypotheticals, they always go for the most disastrous outcome possible.  Not being able to protect the women is a severe failure in the traditional (aka patriarchal) view of the role of men.  And of course, next comes literally losing one's manhood.  The guy is doubly emasculated.

Agreed. His message was intended for like-minded patriarchal Christian men as a scare tactic to reaffirm their belief and take action to infringe upon the rights of others.

Christianity is morally bankrupt since it is inconsistent with its "justice." Hell for eternity for believing the wrong faith, leaving the faith, or being born homosexual, but those who choose to do horrendous acts such as murder, rape, and torture can be saved by asking for forgiveness.

If I were him, I'd be more worried about other Christians breaking into his house and emasculating him in the same way - because a Christian perpetrator knows he can always ask for forgiveness.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Jason78

Quote from: Desdinova on March 24, 2015, 04:53:59 PM
My fantasy is for him to be raped and sodomized by a flock of horny mallards sporting enormous horse dicks.  Duck Cummander!

That's an actual thing.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

GSOgymrat

I think this says everything about how Phil Robertson's mind works and nothing about atheism.