News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello....from the frozen tundra that is Canada!

Started by Truthhasfallen, March 23, 2015, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthhasfallen

Hello All...

Yes, as I write this, it's still -14 Celsius here! In March, this should be illegal.... 

Just came across the board today while doing online research. Very interesting site with what appears to be some very interesting topics.  Gonna love dropping a spoonful of common sense into the sea of ignorance! ;) A simple dose of medicine for the professing believer, agnostic and atheist alike.

Who am I?  I'm someone who, through the search for truth has come to faith in Jesus Christ. I do like to use the brain God gave me, so my thinking takes me outside the box...sometimes waaayyy outside the box.  A Theistic philosopher you might say.  That's THEISTIC, not ATHEISTIC! What a world of difference a couple of spaces can make! 

Anyways, glad to be here.....
Truth Has Fallen

There's only two ways to be deceived...

1) to believe something that's not true, or
2) not believe something that is true.

What's worse: believing in someone you can't see, or having an insatiable, ravenous and ferocious hatred for someone who doesn't exist?

The Skeletal Atheist

...I smell something in the wind. Could it be? Fresh meat! PREY!

The swarm approaches.

Also welcome.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Munch

oh hey your Canadian.

Heres my favorite Canadian.

and my new avatar.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

Good lord munch XD

Welcome to the forum! *please please please like hockey*
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Welcome!  Hope your stay is long and prosperous.

I would be interested in your search--what did it look like?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Light Craftsman

Quote from: Truthhasfallen on March 23, 2015, 05:05:48 PM
Gonna love dropping a spoonful of common sense into the sea of ignorance!
Says the man who believes in a zombie god with no evidence.
You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Munch

Quote from: Light Craftsman on March 23, 2015, 07:16:03 PM
Says the man who believes in a zombie god with no evidence.

Lets give him a chance first, I thought the same of the creationist cat, until he went full on attack on the vigilant christian mario.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

hrdlr110

Hello All...

Yes, as I write this, it's still -14 Celsius here! In March, this should be illegal.... 

Just came across the board today while doing online research. Very interesting site with what appears to be some very interesting topics.  Gonna love dropping a spoonful of common sense into the sea of ignorance! ;) A simple dose of medicine for the professing believer, agnostic and atheist alike.

Who am I?  I'm someone who, through the search for truth has come to faith in Jesus Christ. I do like to use the brain God gave me, so my thinking takes me outside the box...sometimes waaayyy outside the box.  A Theistic philosopher you might say.  That's THEISTIC, not ATHEISTIC! What a world of difference a couple of spaces can make! 

Anyways, glad to be here.....

Yes, laws against cool temps.........that makes about as much sense as your search for the truth leading you to a belief in jfc. I hope you haven't given up that search for the truth - it may not exist. However, there are very compelling reasons to NOT believe in gods.
You write well, and took the time to form proper sentence structure, punctuation and spelling - I'd guess your age to be 30 something, so maybe not a troll.
Welcome.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

the_antithesis

aitm

Gonna love dropping a spoonful of common sense into the sea of ignorance!

ah yes, the sea of ignorance..is that the same one that genesis claims is the sky? you know,,rain and all that silly stuff…or is that the common sense that says women are all icky and should spend 7 days a month outside of society? eh? or how about the idea that tattoos are just as evil and vile as two boys fucking? Or the common sense that says mixing the cloth of your clothing is an "abomination"? So…what about the idea that the sky is a scroll and can be rolled up at night? Or maybe that there is in the earth..you know,,actually inside the earth… a diameter of 7900 miles..that there is a dragonish beast that can corral a third of the entire stars of the universe with its tail and fling them to earth….of course thats not the first time thats happened right? As a babbliest pro you know how many times a third of the stars have been "flung to the earth"…

yeah,,,you're a "bright" star all right.
welcome to your relatively short stay.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

@aitm: Don't be too quick with this guy. We've got some new people on here. We need to feed the puppies.

Solitary

:wtff: Right off the bat with insults from a person that believes magic is real and there is a magic invisible man in the sky. Right!  :wall:  :axe: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to the forum.
If you are here to convert, prepare to be dissapointed.
If you are here for honest debate, glad to have you.

Word to the wise though, stuff like;

QuoteGonna love dropping a spoonful of common sense into the sea of ignorance! ;) A simple dose of medicine for the professing believer, agnostic and atheist alike.

Is going to come across poorly in this forum. We don't need your drugs, 'medicineman'. We prefer our view on reality undazzled by the numbing and hallucitory effects from the drug you peddle. We don't need the dependence and addiction that follow from religion. We have no use for sitting high as a kite in our room; running from reality. We find joy, meaning and sense without those chemicals running through our brains, and our hearts pump free without them in our veins.
Give us reality; pure and unfiltered. We have the courage to face it and the logical consequences that flow therefrom. We dare ask the questions and follow them through, even to answers we might not prefer rather than delving into your antidepressants.

... But at least you are honest in letting us know your intentions from the get-go. So I don't think you are a troll. So again, welcome.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.