How never to lose an anti-vaccine argument again!

Started by dtq123, March 22, 2015, 05:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVsgiHkY6WY

Well now... I wanted to do some research for my autism. I met with this shit.

Does Autism cause unluckiness too?  :eyes:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Solitary

This is confirmation bias in my opinion. I hope I'm correct. Vaccinations have wiped out many horrible diseases that are making a big comeback now that people believe that they are harmful. An immune response to a vaccine is the very way it makes you not get the disease. I would say it is more likely that psychiatrists are misdiagnosing autism like so many other things they do now than the vaccine causing it. In the past I was diagnosed with almost every mental illness until I was finally treated with Amlodipine for PTSD that has eliminated all anxiety and panic attacks by my medical doctor after getting hooked on Valium and other psychoactive drugs given to me by seven psychiatrist that couldn't figure out what was wrong with me after a battery of tests and speech therapy. My neurologist confirmed there was actual lesions in my brain causing it.
What came first? Lesions, or many traumatic events? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Good ol' post hoc.  Her son took a vaccine, now he has an immune condition, so obviously, it's the vaccine's fault.  Sounds like she investigated the hell out of that one instead of jumping to conclusions.

the_antithesis

I always found "so you'd rather your child was dead?" to be a good way to finish the argument.

Hijiri Byakuren

I'm autistic. Even if autism was caused by vaccines (which it fucking isn't), I'd rather have autism than measles. Just saying.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

the_antithesis

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gerard

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 23, 2015, 02:34:59 PM
I'm autistic. Even if autism was caused by vaccines (which it fucking isn't), I'd rather have autism than measles. Just saying.
I've had measles. And rubella, chickenpox and mumps. I lived. Nowadays kids are vaccinated for that. All of them. We should have an autism tsunami on our hands if vaccination caused that.

Gerard

TomFoolery

I have a step daughter with autism and a number of cognitive and behavioral problems, so this is a subject near and dear to my heart and very much a part of my personal life. As a person pursing an advanced degree in science, it's something I've exhaustive researched, and to this day it's never seriously occurred to me to suspect vaccines have a link with autism. The hygiene hypothesis I buy, but not this horseshit. This is a bunch of Texas sharpshooter logic in that this wench has cherry picked data from pseudo-credible news sources to fit her prerogative and seems to suggest it should be treated as a serious candidate for the truth.

As you can see from this graph, autism is clearly caused by consuming organic food.

Or, perhaps, you can see that correlation and causation make awful bedfellows.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

AllPurposeAtheist

I just wonder. .is utter stupidity covered under the constitution? I'm pretty sure it isn't. .
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

dtq123

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 31, 2015, 07:42:41 PM
I just wonder. .is utter stupidity covered under the constitution? I'm pretty sure it isn't. .
A bigger Question; Is it covered by ObamaCare? :grin:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Sylar

Vaccines are the reason why children do not die of Rhinovirus -- perhaps someone should enlighten this person? :|
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Hydra009

Quote from: Sylar on June 22, 2015, 01:56:23 AM
Vaccines are the reason why children do not die of Rhinovirus -- perhaps someone should enlighten this person? :|
Rhinovirus?   :eh:

I fervently wish we could vaccinate against rhinovrius every winter.  Sadly, that wish remains unfulfilled.

Sylar

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 22, 2015, 02:03:19 AM
Rhinovirus?   :eh:

I fervently wish we could vaccinate against rhinovrius every winter.  Sadly, that wish remains unfulfilled.

Thanks. I meant influenza virus, not Rhinovirus. Apologies!

Infants are at high risk of severe influenza, and vaccines remain the best way to protect against it. (http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/children.htm).
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde