News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A Hand Clap for the Geniuses

Started by undercoverbrother, March 19, 2015, 07:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: Desdinova on March 24, 2015, 01:24:00 PM
UCB, I really haven't read a lot of your posts or followed the threads that seem to have pissed you off.  But, I must ask; What are you trying to achieve?  If you find this forum so hostile and repulsive, just leave.  Don't come back or have anything to do with us.  If you want to stay then you are going to have to deal with the posters that you have rubbed to wrong way.  But know this, you can't come here and try to post thinly veiled religious bullshit because we will call you on it.  If I were you I would just cut my losses and bail.  Some people just don't fit in here.

Staying here if he claims abuse is troll behavior. Personally I can ignore him, so I don't care.

aitm

Quote from: undercoverbrother on March 24, 2015, 12:54:50 PM
BTW, Aitm wasn't the only one or the worst. To be fair, I did receive a mild form of condescension from Aitm.

Look brother.. I came here seven years ago and was almost immediately hung and quartered for daring to suggest an atheist shouldn't out themselves or in any way sacrifice anything just for the sake of waving a fucking imaginary flag. It was a three page shit fest, but hey, I found out what I already knew. Atheist are like everyone else, easily ass-holes, easily buds.

If you want to press the re-set button and lets start all over.. fine with me. I'll delete this thread and you can start posting as if this shit never happened. Not that I can guarantee the others won't fuck with you, but most will be willing to give that inch......inch...one. :)  LOLOL
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: undercoverbrother on March 24, 2015, 12:31:54 PM
Everybody has an opinion and I don't fault you for that. I don't agree with you. But that is okay. You don't have favorable things to say about me, but that is okay. I just don't want to be maligned.
   Me--And it is okay for you to have an opinion.  I like people who have opinions and will talk about them.  I did not realize that I maligned you--sorry if I did.

I picked the name I did because it refers to an inside joke between my brother and myself. We run our own business and we work together, and because we haven't acquired a commercial property with offices, we feel sub-par and "undercover." We jokingly say that we are "Undercover Construction." We have no signage either. We work out of a pole barn until April. In addition to this, my brother and I affectionately call each other "brother-man." What does this have to do with "wanting to be a Christian?" This is where undercover brother derives.
   Me--I find that story great.  And I understand why you call yourself that.  And I think calling your brother -'brother-man' very good.  I have no problem considering myself a brother to my fellow man.  But in the context of this forum, which has an atheistic bent, to say the least, 'undercover brother' will give out a hard to ignore connotation.  All I'm suggesting is that maybe another name would have been better.

Not following through on an idea is not necessarily a sign of "a lack of focus." I haven't made a very strong effort to maintain all conversations and develop all my ideas in conversation. I'm not sure about that to which you are referring anyway.
   Me--for me if you stick around and you broach a subject and I respond to that opinion, then I would appreciate a conversation.  Which would consist of a give-and-take type thing.

I stand up for myself and say things as I see them. I was disrespected. I sought reconciliation. I'm not sure why that should considered "whining;" other than the fact that I've been persistent. If these conversations where in person, there is no doubt I would have left a long time agoâ€"out of the room. However, the Internet offers a buffer that allows people to persist in many things without ordinary consequences. What can I say? I really wanted to know what other think. Besides, who likes standing alone.

Perhaps you think I lack focus because I've challenged erroneous statements made about Christianity while claiming to be an agnostic. I can understand why you think I am a Christian troll; even as others have come to that conclusion. However even after I gave the benefit of the doubt and explained myself, nobody believed me. Then I lowered myself to directly address the rude comments with a some attitude. For instance, you. I already told you. And you told you off too. You must consider yourself more insightful than I am honest. You don't believe me. You insulted me and call me a liar. Others have called me a liar too. Do you enjoy conversations with people like that? I don't.
         Me--   I have not accused you of being a troll nor have you appeared as one to me.  I may be more insightful than you are honest--I'm not sure about that yet.  As for calling you a liar, sorry for that if I did.  That would not be a good thing for me to do. 

This controversy has been mildly entertaining and worth stirring the pot for a few days, but my place here has no sustainable future and I am aggravated. To be honest, I have trolled this board in the name of garnering self-respect and satisfying my urge to tell some of you to fuck offâ€"however, only after throwing my hands up in the airâ€"what do I have to lose now? I can say whatever I want.
    Me--that should have been your attitude from the get-go.  Say whatever you want.  That is your right.  And then, expect some response.  If you like the response, keep the conversation going.   
If not, ignore it.

Me--I'll wish you well again.  But if you really are not done, look me up for a good conversation.  I have lived in the world of the religious and non-religious for long enough to have formed my own strong opinions about both.  But none of my opinions are so rigid that I can't change my mind about any of it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

undercoverbrother

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 24, 2015, 01:30:41 PM

You're alright, Mike. Thanks. I have been shopping for another forum though. The traffic is a little slow here.

EDIT: and I don't hold anything against you.

Jason78

I like having different views and opinions on this forum.   

This place would be boring if it was just an echo chamber.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Munch

Quote from: Jason78 on March 24, 2015, 06:01:01 PM
I like having different views and opinions on this forum.   

This place would be boring if it was just an echo chamber.

Agreed, I also sometimes hope if a theists were to come here and ask why we don't believe in their bronze age mythology, we get to enlighten them a little.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin