News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A Hand Clap for the Geniuses

Started by undercoverbrother, March 19, 2015, 07:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercoverbrother

I'm not a Christian, and, despite my valiant attempts to describe the reasons I HATE the Christian religion, there have been three people who have accused me of being a Christian. Not only so, but I have read so many times on this forum of how all Christians are stupid due to their Christian ideology.

I have to say I am not impressed. However, only one person did apologize to me.

There are so many cage-stage Atheists and Agnostics on this board and I am weary of picking out the bones in their words.

Furthermore, it gets very old reading countless posts where people go on to describe their views while taking great liberty to tacitly represent how they are smart enough to a god.

I can't help but think, while some of you seem pretty cool, others of you act like complete dumb asses. Not sure if I want to continue on this forum.

What say you?

SGOS

I haven't followed your posts much, but you have been offended it seems.  I don't know why.  It's your call.  Personally, I wouldn't hang out with people I don't like.  What would be the point?

aitm

You are a "part" biblical apologist. You try to give it some credence to humanities behavior when there is nothing to suggest the babble has anything to do with morality that the average person would have done or not done without the influence of the book. I am sure I am one who pissed you off, so...meh, its a forum not a fraternity. We often get pissy with each other. I have had my ass handed to me many a time, and some times were justified. If you decide to leave, sorry to see you go, but three more just walked in...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

You occasionally defend the bible, and your name is "Undercover Brother." You're also on a forum that is frequently trolled by Christians. I want you to think long and hard about this.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solomon Zorn

Your intro thread went well. You're an Agnostic, as I recall. Everyone welcomed you.

But when you start posting ideas, people are going to agree or disagree. Some are going to argue with you logically, and some will argue at the person. It's just the nature of humans. You don't have to respond to everything that's said. Don't be oversensitive about it, and you can still have a lot of fun here.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

missingnocchi

A tantrum thread, huh? Sure didn't miss these.

My advice is to PM whoever it is that's offended you and not clutter the boards with things like this.
What's a "Leppo?"

Mike Cl

Your name--undercover brother smacks of religion.  It suggests that you are really inclined toward the theist point of view.  We had had a discussion, I believe about intended message and received message.  Sometime we intend to deliver a particular message--but the receiver does not read it the way you thought you meant to say it.  That's pretty easy to do on a forum where eye-to-eye does not take place.  If someone pisses you off, tell what pissed you off.  It could be just a semantics thing.  But if 3 thought you were a christian, maybe you need to think a bit more before you type--then read over before you post.  Also consider that different ideas are not bad--they can lead to interesting discussions. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

the_antithesis

Quote from: undercoverbrother on March 19, 2015, 07:29:10 AM
What say you?

I do not know you and I do not care, as do most of the people on this planet.

If you have to ask if you should continue to post on an internet forum then it's just the latest in a long line of poor life choices on your part.

If you don't like it here, be an adult and just stop visiting this page.

If you like it here but find some people to be disagreeable to you, then either be an adult and not keep visiting this page or be an even more mature adult and realize that you cannot control others and that you will not get along well with everybody and just not let it bother you. Interact with the people you do like, ignore the ones you don't.

Either way, grow the fuck up, kid.

We do not need to answer your stupid question and you're a pathetic cunt for even asking.

Johan

Quote from: the_antithesis on March 22, 2015, 03:57:24 PM

If you have to ask if you should continue to post on an internet forum then it's just the latest in a long line of poor life choices on your part.

If you like it here but find some people to be disagreeable to you, then either be an adult and not keep visiting this page or be an even more mature adult and realize that you cannot control others and that you will not get along well with everybody and just not let it bother you. Interact with the people you do like, ignore the ones you don't.

We do not need to answer your stupid question and you're a pathetic cunt for even asking.
This. Every word of it.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Munch

Sorry undercoverbrother but this forum isn't here to impress, its a place for people to hang out and discuss things with like minded people.

Everyone has their own views and takes on day to day events, and its often good to engage with people, without other things getting in the way, like discussing a news event where someones theistic view just makes them a pain to talk anything with.

Declaring your an atheist is one thing, standing on your own merit and having a view of the world on why you are is something else, and while I'm always glad to see people say they are an atheist, its never guaranteed just why. You could have no theistic views but follow a political or social view that people don't agree with too.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

Did I miss something? Christians that believe in a magic man in the sky without a shred of credible evidence are stupid, even if they are educated idiots like Sara Palin who attended three colleges. It's strange when an agnostic or atheists comes here and is a religious apologists with the moniker undercoverbrother brother.  O0  :question: :doh: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Fidel_Castronaut

I'll take that applause, thanks ^_^
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

undercoverbrother

It has bee a few days since I've posted. I actually forgot some of you exist.

Quote from: the_antithesis on March 22, 2015, 03:57:24 PM

The purpose of the thread was to publicly call out the Geniuses I mentioned and to see if anyone would agree with me. If the shoe fits, I guess you want to fit that shoe too.

I am a faithful husband and I have two boys I love. I have supported my family by myself for three years and have had the same job for ten years. I have had to pull myself up by my own bootstraps a few times. I don't need you to tell me about my poor choices or how I should grow up. I have been around awhile.

However... you are an utter fool. You're a fool for opening your mouth without trying to first understand. I have seen this happen more than a few times here. I thought, if I could find something redeeming about the caliber of person on here, I might stay. However, after expressing how I was mistreated, I was further maligned.

I don't think anything I say is going to matter to you, but I don't want to miss this opportunity to say what a wart you are to mankind. I'm almost positive you'll never agree (maybe when you're old like other men I have known). Your an asshole who has decided to make a shit sandwich for someone without provocation.

Who are you when you look in the mirror? I know. You're RIGHT, dammit! I hope that makes you happy when you're on your death bed.

I hope things turn out better for you, dickhead.

aitm

Well......okay then, whose got the ham sammiches?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on March 24, 2015, 09:57:56 AM
Well......okay then, whose got the ham sammiches?

Pretty much my response.