News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi. My name is Qchan

Started by Qchan, March 17, 2015, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Hello. well whatever your thoughts, beliefs and feelings are, you at least are making an introduction. We get so many people sailing though here who come right out with whatever message that want to say without even bothering to make an intro to themselves and why they are here, so kudos for making this.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Qchan on March 17, 2015, 07:07:10 PM
Are you insinuating that I'm not giving my own opinion to the input I provide?
No, not insinuating anything.  It would be nice if you would join in on the discussion; Socratic method is good but can feel a little overbearing if taken to an extreme.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Well at least you introduced yourself. Although you remind me a lot of Casper.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Guys chill out. You don't know if he's (she's?) a troll or not.

Sal1981

Qchan

Quote from: Aletheia on March 17, 2015, 07:13:36 PM
They might be insinuating that you are not providing enough information to demonstrate how much you do and do not know about a given subject you wish to discuss. Without this, a discussion becomes more of a series of queries with less relativeness between the parties involved. Even though a discussion can be over more logical/scientific topics, one cannot forget that we are not purely logical beings, we do have emotions. In order to keep a logical discussion going, it helps to keep the emotions calm and increase interest by providing a more approachable environment.

Funny how? Human beings are social animals, so it is in our nature to create groups based on common interests/goals. For instance, the majority of the atheists here would fall under the category of rationalists or freethinkers. We do not have many spiritual or religious (not focused on a deity) atheists here. This comes as no surprise that we'd find cohesion within a secondary characteristic separate from our atheism.

If you expected something other than human behaviour from atheists, then disappointment is inevitable.

1) Do you normally supply people with how much you know about a given topic before you talk about that topic? Seems a bit arrogant to me, but those are just my opinions.

2) Funny in such a way that it's ironic. If you're trying to make some sort of connection on where my stances are, notice how I refer to theists and atheists in third person.

3) It's not normal human behavior. Emphasis here. It's not normal human behavior to act has "herding cats".

Qchan

Quote from: Munch on March 17, 2015, 09:54:25 PM
Hello. well whatever your thoughts, beliefs and feelings are, you at least are making an introduction. We get so many people sailing though here who come right out with whatever message that want to say without even bothering to make an intro to themselves and why they are here, so kudos for making this.

So I've gathered.

I do like that profile pic you have. Though I've only played as an Orc for a short while.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

Quote from: Qchan on March 17, 2015, 12:44:58 PM
How am I suppose to know how your trolls operate? I've joined many different forums on a variety of different themes. The internet is a big place, and I can't be held accountable to the pool of "trolls" you receive.

If you guys want to ban me, go ahead. There are many other atheist forums I can join to engage in meaningful conversation. I'm not here to go through your elitism and your fear for trolls. I'm hear to enjoy meaningful conversation with other atheists. If you think I'm a troll, then ban me. Please.

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Quote from: Qchan on March 17, 2015, 12:44:58 PM
How am I suppose to know how your trolls operate? I've joined many different forums on a variety of different themes. The internet is a big place, and I can't be held accountable to the pool of "trolls" you receive.

If you guys want to ban me, go ahead. There are many other atheist forums I can join to engage in meaningful conversation. I'm not here to go through your elitism and your fear for trolls. I'm hear to enjoy meaningful conversation with other atheists. If you think I'm a troll, then ban me. Please.

"I'm not here to go through your elitism and your fear for trolls." In case you are too ignorant to realize it, that is insulting all of here! Good catch Strom!  "If you think I'm a troll, then ban me. Please." I don't think you are a troll I know you are, because trolls always say band me please. If you weren't a troll, why else would you say that? You come here and right in your introduction you insult us like a troll would also. Who's the elitist and afraid of atheist is the question I ask? Solitary

dtq123

Like your new profile pic. Seen some of the stuff here, so please be a bit patient with us.  :eyes:

I'm a high school student, give me mercy.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Qchan

Quote from: Solitary on March 18, 2015, 05:18:47 PM
"I'm not here to go through your elitism and your fear for trolls." In case you are too ignorant to realize it, that is insulting all of here! Good catch Strom!  "If you think I'm a troll, then ban me. Please." I don't think you are a troll I know you are, because trolls always say band me please. If you weren't a troll, why else would you say that? You come here and right in your introduction you insult us like a troll would also. Who's the elitist and afraid of atheist is the question I ask? Solitary

Do trolls have speech mannerisms too? I'm not mocking you. I'm asking a rhetorical question to display my disbelief behind the sincerity of your claims.

Solitary

Yes they do! You were insulting us, are you so dense you don't realize it? Do you even understand what a rhetorical question is? I'm serious in my claims, is that good enough for you, or is that a rhetorical question meaning it doesn't have an answer? You are a troll that is using every kind of Slick Maneuver there is like neurotics do because they can't think rationally or logically. And if you think you upset me or anyone else here with your ignorance you are wrong. We just think you are a trolling fool that we feel sorry for and let you stay because we like chew toys like cats do.  :lol: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Solitary

Qchan

Quote from: Solitary on March 19, 2015, 04:20:22 PM
1) Yes they do!

2) You were insulting us, are you so dense you don't realize it?

3) Do you even understand what a rhetorical question is?

4) I'm serious in my claims, is that good enough for you, or is that a rhetorical question meaning it doesn't have an answer?

5) You are a troll that is using every kind of Slick Maneuver there is like neurotics do because they can't think rationally or logically. And if you think you upset me or anyone else here with your ignorance you are wrong. We just think you are a trolling fool that we feel sorry for and let you stay because we like chew toys like cats do.  :lol: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Solitary

1) I told you that was a rhetorical question. You didn't have to answer it.

2) Insulting you? Apparently I am dense and didn't notice it at all. Could you perhaps explain how I offended you in some way?

3) I explained the reasons behind my rhetorical question already.

4) Yep. Rhetorical questions shouldn't warrant an answer.

5) Uhmm... Alright. Well, at least you feel sorry for me... I guess...

Solitary

Listen Dodo, I can't possibly answer a rhetorical question so I didn't. I'm done with you since you are an obvious troll, or a neurotic that can think soundly. Good luck in life, you are going to need it with your attitude. Solitary