News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi. My name is Qchan

Started by Qchan, March 17, 2015, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qchan

My name is Qchan. I'm here because I'm interested in other humans and how they think. Nice to meet all of you.

stromboli

I'll explain this to you, but it won't matter. We can spot trolls because they all have the same pattern. They submit their posts on one or two threads only, and keep repeating the same questions over and over. They never discuss anything intelligently or contribute anything meaningful on other threads. And they won't follow the obvious rules like posting an introduction until challenged to do so.

Everything you have done here screams troll, so nobody takes you seriously and you won't be here long.

Qchan

Quote from: stromboli on March 17, 2015, 12:38:26 PM
I'll explain this to you, but it won't matter. We can spot trolls because they all have the same pattern. They submit their posts on one or two threads only, and keep repeating the same questions over and over. They never discuss anything intelligently or contribute anything meaningful on other threads. And they won't follow the obvious rules like posting an introduction until challenged to do so.

Everything you have done here screams troll, so nobody takes you seriously and you won't be here long.

How am I suppose to know how your trolls operate? I've joined many different forums on a variety of different themes. The internet is a big place, and I can't be held accountable to the pool of "trolls" you receive.

If you guys want to ban me, go ahead. There are many other atheist forums I can join to engage in meaningful conversation. I'm not here to go through your elitism and your fear for trolls. I'm hear to enjoy meaningful conversation with other atheists. If you think I'm a troll, then ban me. Please.

PickelledEggs

Hi Qchan. We had a guy with a similar name a long while back.... OniChan. He turned out to be notarypublic.

Before I go on a tangent... Welcome

Qchan

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 17, 2015, 12:55:22 PM
Hi Qchan. We had a guy with a similar name a long while back.... OniChan. He turned out to be notarypublic.

Before I go on a tangent... Welcome

Onichan = Little Devil

Qchan = Little Q

Just like you have Sakura-chan, or Natsumi-chan. Chan denotes "little". It also adds a female connotation which can suggest a person is female, but not always.

Desdinova

Hello Qchan.  After reading some of your other posts, you seem to be full of shit and very annoying.  Do you do this on purpose?  If yes, then you are a troll.  If no, then seek professional counseling.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Desdinova on March 17, 2015, 01:06:55 PM
Hello Qchan.  After reading some of your other posts, you seem to be full of shit and very annoying.  Do you do this on purpose?  If yes, then you are a troll.  If no, then seek professional counseling.
I literally laughed out loud at this post. :rotflmao:

Qchan

Quote from: Desdinova on March 17, 2015, 01:06:55 PM

I just got done replying to another person who introduced themselves here to this very issue I'm addressing now. From what I can see, many places in which atheists congregate are totally hostile. I read another thread here about the atheist sub-reddit, and it echoed the same thing. People can't even get along with themselves in such places - which could explain why he explained atheists as being a herd of cats.

If you don't want to be viewed as a cat, Desdinova, you'd calm yourself down.

Desdinova

Qchan, you are either a troll or a person with very little sense.  You come to an atheist forum and post silly comments that make you look like a theist, and are then bewildered by why you are greeted with hostility.  So I ask you.  Are you a troll or are you just plain stupid?
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Qchan

Quote from: Desdinova on March 17, 2015, 01:24:49 PM
Qchan, you are either a troll or a person with very little sense.  You come to an atheist forum and post silly comments that make you look like a theist, and are then bewildered by why you are greeted with hostility.  So I ask you.  Are you a troll or are you just plain stupid?

Ha! I'm a theist for saying that you can't quantify morality? Any agnostic with common sense, let alone an atheist, would know that much.

If you were a TRUE atheist, you would know better. An atheist is a person not just opposed to the idea of there being a monolithic god, but a person who is opposed to anything associated to a monolithic god. Do you know what that means? It means characteristics of concepts passed down from a single god are not to be believed. To believe them would subject you to a logic loop-hole, thus forcing you to admit there's a god.

The concept of morality is not an atheistic belief, yet you have atheists who try to argue that it is. It's beyond retarded. If you are to say morals (and not values) are a human quality, then you admit humans are different than animals. Now, you have to explain why humans are any different than the animals we've evolved from. Morality is not something you gain with increased intelligence, because morality sometimes violates the law of self preservation. When a species violates this law, it defies all logic, because all species abide by this law or go extinct.

Do you want to carry this argument? I guarantee you that you'll lose.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to the forum, Qchan.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solomon Zorn

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, by jumping you about your hypothetical train, but it really was a dumb scenario, and we had just had someone beat us over the head with a holocaust hypothetical, and I was in no mood for another one. That being said, you can't wear your heart on your sleeve around here. Some people are nice, others are rude. You just have to roll with the punches, and try not to be hostile yourself.

Anyway, welcome! And maybe tell us a little about yourself.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

missingnocchi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

I'm posting this here as well as on the thread in question to make sure none of you uncultured hive mind members miss it. Qchan was recounting a very common problem in ethics. His wording may have been off, but that doesn't excuse you guys from completely missing the point of the exercise.

Welcome, Qchan. You've been here a very short time and you've already figured out the solution to the "herding cats" problem of atheists - poking at their insecurities. For that I applaud you.
What's a "Leppo?"

PickelledEggs

Qchan, A lot of people on the forum are constantly bombarded by religious nuts in real life and very frequently, trolls, whether actually religious or just plain trolls, come here and irritate them more. So please be considerate and understanding where the hostility is coming from. If you turn out to not be a troll, I am sure hostility towards you will subside.