News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Van Cliburn is dead!

Started by Farroc, March 04, 2013, 06:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farroc

Van Cliburn is dead. Shit. It seems like everybody's dieing recently. Who'll be next to go? Voltaire? Bill Gates? Richard Dawkins? Stephen Hawking? Seth Macfarlene? That one guy in that place with the thing?
www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/showbiz/?van-cliburn-obit
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

stromboli

I am old enough to remember the impact he made by winning the International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow. It was a very big deal during the cold war. What he did was hugely significant then, and he was a man with class and dignity. He will be missed.

aitm

Ima gonna go with Voltaire, he shoulda been dead a long time ago anyway....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Voltaire is dead? :shock:

Farroc

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "aitm"Ima gonna go with Voltaire, he shoulda been dead a long time ago anyway....
I think he lives in his heart.
I was talking about the goth musician! :x
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

aitm

Quote from: "Farroc"
Quote from: "aitm"Ima gonna go with Voltaire, he shoulda been dead a long time ago anyway....

oh, in that case, yeah, he can be next to die.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Farroc

Why? What do you have against him?

aitm

mnmelt

Quote from: "Farroc"

Shows how old we are Huh Aitm..???...  #-o
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

aitm

Zatoichi

I'll be very sad if that one guy in that place with the thing ever dies.  :cry:

He's been such a huge inspiration and means so very much to so many.
"If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it." ~Skippy's List