Throwing Out Old Cemetary Remains. Where Does This Lead?

Started by SGOS, March 08, 2015, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Throw my body in a ditch when I'm done with it. Maybe someone else will find a use for it.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Munch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 09, 2015, 11:26:18 PM
How about having your corpse put in a cage hung from a tree or lamp post on the outskirts of town and let the birds eat you and to warn strangers to stay the fuck away? Seems perfectly reasonable to me.. :biggrin:

Having one's body used as creepy pasta material might be worthwhile. Maybe if it was used to scare a conservative household. Plant some C4 in my body and have it thrown from a plane onto WBCs headquarters, that be my final request.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on March 10, 2015, 10:23:21 AM
Having one's body used as creepy pasta material might be worthwhile. Maybe if it was used to scare a conservative household. Plant some C4 in my body and have it thrown from a plane onto WBCs headquarters, that be my final request.
A helicopter would be the delivery method of choice.  I've actually seen their compound.  It's not very big, no signs that I remember, just some houses surrounded by a really high fence in the middle of a residential area.  There were a few people picketing against the WBC.  We honked when we drove by.  I've been told the home town media doesn't even bother reporting on them anymore.

Solitary

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on March 09, 2015, 12:47:40 PM

Become part of a Body Worlds expo. That's the shit - your kids can see you skinned and riding a horse, surfing a wave, or performing gymnastics or something.  Better than rotting in a wooden box or some crap like that.   :super:
If anyone has not seen this it is a must see, and strangely not morbid as you would expect. What is super is that you can see "fetuses" that were legally aborted that looked like miniature babies about the size of quarter, that anti abortionist blow up to make them look like actual babies. My youngest son wants a Viking funeral. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Solitary on March 10, 2015, 11:08:15 AM
If anyone has not seen this it is a must see, and strangely not morbid as you would expect. What is super is that you can see "fetuses" that were legally aborted that looked like miniature babies about the size of quarter, that anti abortionist blow up to make them look like actual babies.

I first heard of it a couple of years ago from my mate's wife.  My first thought was 'Ewww!' but once I looked into it, it turned into 'Wow!' real quick!  :smile:

Solitary

I saw a young girl looking at the female gymnast with wonder and I approached her with her parents there, and thanked them for allowing their daughter to see the show and if she wanted to be a gymnast which she did. They told her to practice very hard so she didn't become like the girl she was watching. Her dad was a doctor, and her mother was a lawyer. A woman behind me gasped and thought it was horrible what they said to her. I told her I thought it was good advice. Seriously, this is a don't miss show! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Quote from: Solitary on March 10, 2015, 12:24:12 PM
I saw a young girl looking at the female gymnast with wonder and I approached her with her parents there, and thanked them for allowing their daughter to see the show and if she wanted to be a gymnast which she did. They told her to practice very hard so she didn't become like the girl she was watching. Her dad was a doctor, and her mother was a lawyer. A woman behind me gasped and thought it was horrible what they said to her. I told her I thought it was good advice. Seriously, this is a don't miss show! Solitary
I've never heard of this.  I'm getting the impression it's cadavers turned into art?  Is that the idea?  I have no idea where to go see it, but it sounds kind of creepy.  I remember as a kid, the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago had taken a cadaver and cut it up with a band saw or something.  Their were 20 or 30  1" thick cross section slabs, each preserved between two plates of glass, starting at the head through different parts of the brain, then descending all the way down to the feet.  So you could see cross sections showing all the organs, muscles, skin, and even body hair.  It was very interesting.

I've returned to that museum in recent years a couple of times, and it seems like most of the more fascinating displays, including the cross sections, are gone.  It seems more geared to young children, and the price of admission to the museum seems absurdly expensive.  It used to be free.  I understand inflation, but I don't know how something goes from free to expensive.

Aletheia

I've been to far too many funerals. The person is just an inanimate object; not even human anymore. Just as the person is no longer there, I feel nothing towards the corpse before me. Other than a mild scientific fascination, I generally feel bored at a funeral and stressed from being the shoulder so many people feel they need to cry on. It makes even less sense to use up valuable land to store these lifeless forms indefinitely.

Death is when the magic that we call life reverts back to a collection of molecules doing some rather mundane things.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: SGOS on March 10, 2015, 02:39:46 PM
I've never heard of this.  I'm getting the impression it's cadavers turned into art?  Is that the idea?  I have no idea where to go see it, but it sounds kind of creepy.

Here's a link if you're interested:   http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/exhibitions/current_exhibitions.html

:smile:

Unbeliever

I'd rather be buried at sea, so my remains can be used by other life as soon as possible. If I discovered I had a terminal illness, I'd try to swim to China.

But of course, once I'm dead I won't care.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on March 10, 2015, 02:39:46 PM
I've never heard of this.  I'm getting the impression it's cadavers turned into art?  Is that the idea?  I have no idea where to go see it, but it sounds kind of creepy.  I remember as a kid, the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago had taken a cadaver and cut it up with a band saw or something.  Their were 20 or 30  1" thick cross section slabs, each preserved between two plates of glass, starting at the head through different parts of the brain, then descending all the way down to the feet.  So you could see cross sections showing all the organs, muscles, skin, and even body hair.  It was very interesting.

I've returned to that museum in recent years a couple of times, and it seems like most of the more fascinating displays, including the cross sections, are gone.  It seems more geared to young children, and the price of admission to the museum seems absurdly expensive.  It used to be free.  I understand inflation, but I don't know how something goes from free to expensive.
The Natural History Museum in Dayton Ohio turned into one such kiddy theme crapholes.. When I was a kid it was filled with wonder, but now it's all little more than a giant McPlayland full of plastic shit where parents pay a shitload of money to let kids run wild and not learn one fucking thing except how to jump in the ball pit and get mommy and daddy to buy useless plastic crap toys they'll never play with.. Sad..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 10, 2015, 06:48:55 AM
Throw my body in a ditch when I'm done with it. Maybe someone else will find a use for it.

Face up or face down?

trdsf

Quote from: stromboli on March 14, 2015, 11:50:51 PM
Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 10, 2015, 06:48:55 AM
Face up or face down?
Face down.  That way you can use the asscrack to park your bike when you visit.

Hey, there's the first use!

Hmmm... 101 Uses for a Dead Skeletal Atheist...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!