FBI: Statistics Show War On Christianity Doesn't Exist (GASP!)

Started by stromboli, March 05, 2015, 09:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercoverbrother

I wonder what global statistics would show. I think it is safe to say that Christians are persecuted more in other countries. When the Christians I have known talk about persecution, they often include all the world's Christians. To this, many Christians would add that they are persecuted many times apart from hate crimesâ€"in ordinary life.

The truth of the matter is that many people don't like hearing empty Christian promises so they get annoyed with it. There is a war on Christianity that is apparently not quantified by the statistics above. For instance, consider the snarky attitude toward Christianity on this thread.

The statistics in the OP are a very thin slice of the bigger picture. What do ALL Christians really say about how they are persecuted? Do they differentiate between State-side persecution and foreign persecution? When so many Christians say they are persecuted, are they really lying about how many times they have had a hate crime committed against them? Is that even what they are considering?

winterland78

Quote from: kilodelta on March 05, 2015, 11:10:57 PM
Oh damn. I didn't have to put my fundie hat on as we have one available.

@winterland78 - Saying something has bias doesn't make it wrong. The entire point of the article is that any violent "War on Christmas" in the States would end up having hate crime statistics. If you disagree with that premise, that'd probably be fine. But, you'd end up having to define exactly what you mean by "War on Christmas" and cite example "battles."

The most common claim of a "War on Christmas" is the removal of religious icons from public property. From my understanding of Christmas, plastic baby Jesuses don't have to be in front of a courthouse to have a successful Christmas. So, those claims are just exaggeration to rack up the Fox News viewership.

Historically, Christians were fed to the lions. Now, Wal-Mart employees say "Happy Holidays" on Christmas Eve.

That is a very biased post. Christians are persecuted by many different entities these days, The Holy Bible talks about how believers in the End Times will be persecuted. Does the atheism religion have any end times to speak of? I wonder. If the current Obama regime had it's way, Christians wouldn't even exist in the United States. But it's wrong to just focus on Obama, he is just one problem among many.

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

dtq123

Fuck! I actually wanted to see what he was going to say! Oh well.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

PickelledEggs

Quote from: dtq123 on March 05, 2015, 11:41:00 PM
Fuck! I actually wanted to see what he was going to say! Oh well.
lol I don't have time for his bullshit. He just started going on a preaching-spree, if you look at his most recent posts.

undercoverbrother

Quote from: kilodelta on March 05, 2015, 11:10:57 PM
Oh damn. I didn't have to put my fundie hat on as we have one available.

@winterland78 - Saying something has bias doesn't make it wrong. The entire point of the article is that any violent "War on Christmas" in the States would end up having hate crime statistics. If you disagree with that premise, that'd probably be fine. But, you'd end up having to define exactly what you mean by "War on Christmas" and cite example "battles."

The most common claim of a "War on Christmas" is the removal of religious icons from public property. From my understanding of Christmas, plastic baby Jesuses don't have to be in front of a courthouse to have a successful Christmas. So, those claims are just exaggeration to rack up the Fox News viewership.

Historically, Christians were fed to the lions. Now, Wal-Mart employees say "Happy Holidays" on Christmas Eve.

Public decoration is going to have to take some form. Leave it to the Christians  and the Ten Commandments will be visible. Satan? Something grotesque. In the Himalayas, we see Buddha. As long as we have Christians and atheists living in the US, this problem will never go away. Somebody has to get their way. The only thing I say, so as to not put us all on a slippery slope, let me say what I want as well. Even still then the problem will remain. So we find imperfect political balances and argue about them. Ugh!

Atheon

But but bbut teh Gheys ARE attakcing us Chrischuns! By forsing gay marrige on us throogh teh CORTS!! Wen gay marrige is leagle, that meens Christinsanity is ill-eagle and we're oppresst!! Are man-on-top, woman-in-kithcen marriges will be anulled and we will be forsed to Gay Mary! BETTER CALL SAUL! (I meen, saul's boss in the BIBBLE... his name is JEBUS!!!!!)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

kilodelta

Quote from: undercoverbrother on March 05, 2015, 11:52:04 PM
Public decoration is going to have to take some form. Leave it to the Christians  and the Ten Commandments will be visible. Satan? Something grotesque. In the Himalayas, we see Buddha. As long as we have Christians and atheists living in the US, this problem will never go away. Somebody has to get their way. The only thing I say, so as to not put us all on a slippery slope, let me say what I want as well. Even still then the problem will remain. So we find imperfect political balances and argue about them. Ugh!

I don't think season decorations are within the purview of government. But, apparently they are. There are cases where the government property is equally shared among different religions. Such as this Satanic example:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/05/satanic-temple-florida-capitol_n_6277082.html

Honestly, I'd like to see only private property used for religious "decorations." There wouldn't be a plastic Jesus, a statue of Satan, or an atheistic declaration on any of the property. It would save on government resources and better allow them to be spent of more fruitful endeavors. The litigation battles are a complete waste of time and money. I know that'll never happen as people think it's a right to put their religious / non-religious views on government property.   
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know