India: 400 men cut off their testicles to 'get closer to God'

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, March 04, 2015, 04:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

All I can say is after having had prostate cancer and having it removed; after it is more like hell than heaven. The desire is still there, and now impossible to be in heaven having sex. Why are religions so concerned with nudity and sex? If they can't enjoy the greatest human experienced what is left? Becoming a pervert like the Priests do perhaps. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

So further from the vagina is closer to heaven? Gonna have to rethink my entire life on that one.... :think:

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Solitary on March 05, 2015, 10:41:37 AM
Why are religions so concerned with nudity and sex?

Fun is bad, apparently. Hence guilt. Without guilt there cannot be atonement. Without atonement there cannot be money in the collection plate or control of the peasant by their 'betters'. 

stromboli

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on March 05, 2015, 12:18:32 PM
Fun is bad, apparently. Hence guilt. Without guilt there cannot be atonement. Without atonement there cannot be money in the collection plate or control of the peasant by their 'betters'. 

Exactly. Pleasure bad. guilt implied with pleasure. condemnation given for enjoying pleasure. Judgment by society for your actions, fear of going to hell the outcome.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Shiranu on March 05, 2015, 12:17:33 AM
Crazy? No. Violent, certainly. But not crazy. Killing people for political and territorial gains, to exert fear in your subjects, and because your religion promotes it is not something particularly uncommon.

Cutting off your dick to get closer to God? That is a bit more out of the norm.

Once again you're making wild statements.. It was testicles, not dicks and who's to say? Perhaps they did get closer to the invisible, completely silent big spooky and we're just not in on the whole joy thing. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

:eek: How could anyone possibly know this would bring them closer to God unless they did it, and even then, how would they know they are closer to God and not the devil? Jesus Halliburton Christ religious people can be even dumber than they normally are.  :fU:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Hey, when I was religious I prayed like a motherfucker sonofabitch often and nothing happened.

Desdinova

Quote from: stromboli on March 05, 2015, 07:24:34 PM
Hey, when I was religious I prayed like a motherfucker sonofabitch often and nothing happened.

Me too.  But something DID happen.  I became an atheist.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate