News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Do You Believe?

Started by SGOS, March 14, 2015, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: leo on March 15, 2015, 12:53:47 PMWhat's up with this stupid christians movies ? They are really that afraid of the rise of atheism ?
Sort of.  But it's really a potent mixture of religious insecurities (and yes, the declining power of religion, its lack of place in modernity, and rising atheism features heavily there), a pretty zealous reactionary bible-thumper subculture and sweet, sweet liquid capital (cha-ching!) that's behind this recent spate of movies.  But it's puzzling that people would go to the cinema to be told what they want to hear, when traditionally, that's been the church's job.

leo

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 15, 2015, 01:40:45 PM
Sort of.  But it's really a potent mixture of religious insecurities (and yes, the declining power of religion, its lack of place in modernity, and rising atheism features heavily there), a pretty zealous reactionary bible-thumper subculture and sweet, sweet liquid capital (cha-ching!) that's behind this recent spate of movies.  But it's puzzling that people would go to the cinema to be told what they want to hear, when traditionally, that's been the church's job.
I would like to see a atheist movie showing how silly religion arguments  really are . I mean a serious movie . The Bill Maher movie was okay but I prefer a atheist movie with the serious tone. A movie like this could open the eyes of some believers. Hardcore  believers will never listen of course.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

stromboli

Like I said earlier, an atheist producer needs to make a satirical version of this movie. The lols would be worth it, the screams of the xtians also.

Green Bottle

''Quote''
but we can't claim victory in the war yet.

Thats right Leo because,  the end of the war is a long way off..

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

trdsf

I'll tell you what I believe.

I believe I would much rather be home having a manhattan right now and looking for a LISP interpreter to play with.  That's what I believe.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan