News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Invader Zim is back!

Started by Hydra009, February 23, 2015, 11:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Prepare for Operation Impending Doom III!

For my fellow worm-monkeys misfortune enough to not already know:  Invader Zim was a short-lived cartoon show on Nickelodeon, but its dark and deeply misanthropic themes pretty much doomed it to an early grave.  The show was a masterful blend of twisted humor and nightmare fuel, so it was a shame to see it go.  It has since amassed an immense cult following (we're talking Firefly-level fanaticism) and will finally be continued in a new comic series this July 1st.

My personal favorite scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI1I9KvDDfY&list=PLNqbCp_Jt4Jylyr6yBOa1jfhC-XWsONdS

kilodelta

"Firefly-level fanaticism"

But damnit, I haven't bought a comic book since 1989. I'll just have to find some nude woman to read the comic to me. That would justify the expense.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

SNP1

Now we need animators and voice actors to make an animated series on YouTube about the comics!
"My only agenda, if one can call it that, is the pursuit of truth" ~AoSS

Hydra009

Quote from: SNP1 on February 24, 2015, 12:55:09 AMNow we need animators and voice actors to make an animated series on YouTube about the comics!
Those motion comic things?  I sort of like those, but I don't think that'd work very well in this case.

Moloth

-=The Believer is Happy; the Skeptic is Wise=-

http://www.moloth.com

trdsf

I am made disturbingly happy by this.

*goes off to sing a mutant hybrid of 'Happy Happy Joy Joy' and the Doom Song*
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Draconic Aiur

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS