News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A New Theory On Parallel Worlds

Started by stromboli, November 01, 2014, 01:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

So all this explains this "god" nobody ever sees and whose voice nobody ever hears because it's in a "parallel universe" or as I like to refer to it, BULLSHIT!
There, I said it.. I'm a "science denier" because I'm not buying it..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Right. All the young scientists hated science fiction growing up. And all the rocket scientists at NASA never watched Star Trek or any of that other silly stuff.

Mister Agenda

Something being 'theoretical' doesn't make it a theory. It's a hypothesis with math that apparently works. It might lead to something more substantial. I don't see anything disgusting about it.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Solitary

Einstein didn't like science fiction for some very good reasons, like scientists that think up ridiculous hypothesis like the one discussed based on science fiction where anything is possible like religion. Even though many become interested in science from science fiction, but many people that think science is like science fiction and silly, and never are interested in science because of it. This was from an Einstein quote, not my opinion!  :wall: :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: Solitary on November 03, 2014, 10:02:42 AM
Einstein didn't like science fiction for some very good reasons, like scientists that think up ridiculous hypothesis like the one discussed based on science fiction where anything is possible like religion. Even though many become interested in science from science fiction, but many people that think science is like science fiction and silly, and never are interested in science because of it. This was from an Einstein quote, not my opinion!  :wall: :wall: Solitary

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1179648.Great_Science_Fiction_by_Scientists

Not attacking you, Sol. But hard science fiction is sometimes written by scientists. Isaac Asimov had a doctorate in chemistry, for example.

stromboli

Oh and btw, Terry Pratchett's "Long Earth" series is into the 3rd book, which I have yet to read, called "The Long Mars". If you like Pratchett and Discworld, this isn't quite as good because it is in a serious vein, but good escapism.

josephpalazzo

BTW, I just checked their paper on  arxiv, what striking is that they went from MWI to MIW, switching two letters is quite an accomplishment!!?!

Solitary

Quote from: stromboli on November 03, 2014, 03:53:17 PM
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1179648.Great_Science_Fiction_by_Scientists

Not attacking you, Sol. But hard science fiction is sometimes written by scientists. Isaac Asimov had a doctorate in chemistry, for example.
I quoted Isaac Asimov when I first started here to back up what I posted, and was told he was not a scientist but a science fiction writer. I knew better, but it seems that because when I post esoteric things at the forum I am automatically "wrong." Isaac Asimov wrote excellent "science" books also, even on physics. As to what Einstein quoted, it was just for information and nothing more. When I write about science topics, I try to be as accurate as I can, there is a lot in physics that is debated even by physicists. I can only give my opinion as to who is correct. I don't take anything you say that serious if it sounds like criticism, because I respect your thoughts from your posts. Relax! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Unbeliever

Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 01, 2014, 01:15:18 PM
This is an example of what is disgusting in science - theories that are unobversable, undetectable and unfalsifiable. This is exactly why religion fails. A too many number of scientists are following that path. It's unfortunate.

There have been proposals in the past of things that were then considered to be unobservable, undetectable, and unfalsifiable, and yet were eventually observed, detected or falsified.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman