News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Day I talked to Allah

Started by MagetheEntertainer, March 07, 2015, 01:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

Alot of you know about my extensive "research" with psychedelics, so this is the story of the day I talked to Allah during Ramadan 2011.  I actually thought he was legit for a little while
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v-M8I7KlaQ

Brian37

The title of the thread should read "The day I swallowed bullshit and talked to myself thinking I was actually doing anything".
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Solitary

Our brains are variously fooled by psychoactive drugs, and doesn't mean they are they show us the truth, that which is, whether we like it or not. I thought I married an angel that brought me hell.  :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

I had a friend in college who got all ape shit into Christianity after seeing the Devil while smoking pot.  He was sure it didn't have anything to do with the drug.  Consequently, he never stopped smoking pot, but I don't think he saw the Devil again either.

Munch

So many make believe stories are cooked up by peoples perception of reality being turned on its head by drugs. Long before we could rationalize the reason for these perceptions, anything people saw while effected by drugs or any kind lead them to believing it was spirits, or deities, or demons.

I'm not saying don't do drugs of course, I'm just saying odds are most of the shit we know as religion comes from peoples mess up sense of reality.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Munch on March 07, 2015, 08:36:33 PM
I'm not saying don't do drugs of course, I'm just saying odds are most of the shit we know as religion comes from peoples mess up sense of reality.

Temporal lobe epilepsy would appear to have quite an impact on an individual's experiences of 'religiosity' too.

Munch

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on March 08, 2015, 07:21:28 AM
Temporal lobe epilepsy would appear to have quite an impact on an individual's experiences of 'religiosity' too.

yep. I even believed for years that I once saw a ghost in an old holiday home I stayed in. Thing was, I was 11 and having a hypoglycemic episode at the time, so never took into account what low blood sugars would do to someone that age in what he saw.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: Brian37 on March 07, 2015, 02:18:18 PM
The title of the thread should read "The day I swallowed bullshit and talked to myself thinking I was actually doing anything".

I didn't quite swallow the bullshit, it barely made it down my throat before I vomited it back up.

AllPurposeAtheist

How about 'The day I talked to the floor and noticed I had an infestation of cock roaches..'?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

pr126

Could you not find the blueprints for the Large Hadron Collider in the Quran? It is all there.
How do you think those scientist were able to build it?

E=MC2 ? Enstein stole it from the Quran.

d4w6zBak

I love psychedelics...one of the reasons that made me realize religious experiences were BS because of my experiences with MDMA and shrooms. WHAT IF ALL THESE RELIGIOUS TEXT AUTHORS WE'RE JUST HIGH ON DRUGS? I'm Goin on an ayahuasca retreat in the summer. I'm gonna try to write something about it maybe 1000 yrs from now it'll be a holy book for some religion.  LOL. Very excited.