News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Prometheus 2 Script Is Finished

Started by Solomon Zorn, February 17, 2015, 07:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

http://screenrant.com/prometheus-2-sequel-alien-monster-script/

I liked the first one in a lot of ways. I'm interested to see what direction he takes with it. I hope there won't be as much emphasis on the Alien xenomorph, as on the Engineers. I was intrigued by the apparent need for one of their kind to sacrifice his life, to create life on our world (at the beginning of the movie). A classic mythology.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 17, 2015, 07:05:27 AM
http://screenrant.com/prometheus-2-sequel-alien-monster-script/

I liked the first one in a lot of ways. I'm interested to see what direction he takes with it. I hope there won't be as much emphasis on the Alien xenomorph, as on the Engineers. I was intrigued by the apparent need for one of their kind to sacrifice his life, to create life on our world (at the beginning of the movie). A classic mythology.
That wasn't Earth according to the producer(?).  And the idea that Engineers seeded life here just boggles. Their DNA would have mutated beyond recognition in a few BILLION years.

Other than that, it would be fun to see what's-her-name arrive at the Engineer's home world demanding an explanation. "Ant, boot."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

I have a love hate relationship with that movie, literally.  The opening scene was spectacular and chilling on many levels for me, even if I couldn't understand what was happening at the time.  The concept of the movie was very good, and I liked the alien, who for all their seeding efforts seemed to hold the results of the seeding in utter distain. 

And he should have.  Because one would think the scientists selected for the mission would have been the pick of the crop, yet in many scenes they acted like the three stooges running around and doing nonsensical things when they kept warning each other to not touch this or that.  And then they would have to touch something to see what it was.  They acted like little kids being lost in a candy store with strict instructions not to eat the candy, but with dire results.

And for as great an alien they created, Guy Pierce looked like an actor wearing some left over old man costume from 1950s Hollywood.  The strengths balanced these weaknesses for me, but it would have been far better without the weaknesses.

Still, I'm looking forward to Part II.

Atheon

I hope that the Engineers feature prominently in this one; otherwise what's the point? Unless they no longer exist because they were killed by their own creation...
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

Sorry, but the only redeeming feature of Prometheus was Noomi Rapace and just barely. don't forget that Ridley Scott's brother committed suicide after it was made. Hey, call me a curmudgeon; it just didn't ring any bells for me.

Gawdzilla Sama

I don't go to monster movies hoping they'll make sense.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers