News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anti-Vaxers - They are everywhere!

Started by Aroura33, February 11, 2015, 03:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fickle

mermaid
Quote...or I could take advantage of modern medicines.

There are quite a few new medicines being researched and in clinical trials. However the fact remains that today if you have a major illness and antibiotics do not work there are very few if any alternatives. It is really no different than most pie in the sky technologies peddled by corporations than never make it to market. If this so called modern medicine is not available for use when we need it then obviously it is of no use to us as individuals. We will be just as dead whether the medicine actually exists or not.

Everyone's a rocket scientist until they are personally effected by something outside the norm then the true state of science and technology rears it's ugly head.

Mermaid

Quote from: Fickle on April 07, 2016, 11:50:47 PM
mermaid
There are quite a few new medicines being researched and in clinical trials. However the fact remains that today if you have a major illness and antibiotics do not work there are very few if any alternatives. It is really no different than most pie in the sky technologies peddled by corporations than never make it to market. If this so called modern medicine is not available for use when we need it then obviously it is of no use to us as individuals. We will be just as dead whether the medicine actually exists or not.

Everyone's a rocket scientist until they are personally effected by something outside the norm then the true state of science and technology rears it's ugly head.
You are not making any sense. But rock on.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

RCnal

Just saying, the person I hate most on this earth is Jenny McCarthy. She was one of the first celebs to push this movement.
I wonder how well she sleeps at night knowing she aided in killing over 9000 people since she began her campaign?
You have the right to believe whatever you like. However, the once you publicize it as fact, you will have to answer a few questions.

I hope Jenny McCarthy gets small pox
Check out my thoughts at knowledgeoverego.blogspot.ca

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Twelve Monkeys ... there is one person on the loose with a super-bug ... if we don't find him an eliminate him and without releasing the super-bug ... then we all die.  Therefore the ends justify the means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuggl3cZD8A

Law of un-intended consequences is a bitch.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: chill98 on March 29, 2016, 06:51:28 PMYou consistently make unsupported claims.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSeM2EVkDc

I hate to be the guy who just posts nothing but reactions, but what else am I supposed to say to this? In a thread filled to the brim with actual data provided by your opponents, you have the gall to say that they aren't supporting their claims when you yourself barely cite any supporting data at all? (Particularly data that contradicts your position.) Seriously, mate, get over yourself.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

RCnal

I think people should be allowed to not vaccinate. However, if they do, they should be forced to have to disclose that information on job applications, licenses, school applications etc. You can make your choice, but we should be bale to choose to be around you or not.
You have the right to believe whatever you like. However, the once you publicize it as fact, you will have to answer a few questions.

Hydra009

Quote from: RCnal on April 09, 2016, 10:19:13 AMI think people should be allowed to not vaccinate. However, if they do, they should be forced to have to disclose that information on job applications, licenses, school applications etc. You can make your choice, but we should be bale to choose to be around you or not.
I don't think that'd help very much.  They're still spreading disease wherever they go.  Disclosing that they're idiots on forms doesn't change that.  Besides, a giant dunce hat would be a much better heads-up.

Maybe they should just have their own little island somewhere so that their poor decision-making skills don't adversely affect others.  It'd also give the world a chance to what happens when a community completely refuses vaccination.  If the antivaxxers are right, they have nothing to worry about.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: RCnal on April 09, 2016, 10:19:13 AM
I think people should be allowed to not vaccinate. However, if they do, they should be forced to have to disclose that information on job applications, licenses, school applications etc. You can make your choice, but we should be bale to choose to be around you or not.

No. There are too many people that are just too stupid/ignorant to be allowed to make those kinds of decisions for their kids. If they want to off themselves fine, but stupid people shouldn't be allowed to make stupid decisions that could affect the health of their children and others.

The same thing goes for home schooling BTW. If you want to home school your kids fine, but you must teach the same basic curriculum as public schools including so called controversial subjects like evolution and sex education. Someone's kids have a right to know even if their parent's don't like it. No fucking opting out because Gawd says so.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

RCnal

I wish the governments could make it so people who aren't vaccinated are limited in what they are allowed to do.
"Sure, you have the right to not vaccinate your kids. However, we have the right to not allow UN-vaccinated kids into school with other kids. Carry on!"
"Oh, you aren't vaccinated? That's totally your choice. However, we can choose to hire someone who isn't a walking bag of disease! Have a great day!".
Make life just a little tougher without vaccinations.

Baruch

Quote from: RCnal on April 09, 2016, 11:30:04 AM
I wish the governments could make it so people who aren't vaccinated are limited in what they are allowed to do.
"Sure, you have the right to not vaccinate your kids. However, we have the right to not allow UN-vaccinated kids into school with other kids. Carry on!"
"Oh, you aren't vaccinated? That's totally your choice. However, we can choose to hire someone who isn't a walking bag of disease! Have a great day!".
Make life just a little tougher without vaccinations.

It is called quarantine.  Not done much, even with ebola, because it is so unpopular.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: RCnal on April 09, 2016, 11:30:04 AM
Australia beat ya to it.

chill98

Quote from: RCnal on April 08, 2016, 01:20:25 PM
Just saying, the person I hate most on this earth is Jenny McCarthy. She was one of the first celebs to push this movement.
I wonder how well she sleeps at night knowing she aided in killing over 9000 people since she began her campaign?

Well, you are only 32 or so; so it is likely McCarthy is your first experience with anti-vax.  Personally, I had to look her up because I had no idea who you were talking about.  meh, guess its just a matter of interests. 

...The Anti Vaccination Society of America was founded in 1879, following a visit to America by leading British anti-vaccinationist William Tebb. Two other leagues, the New England Anti Compulsory Vaccination League (1882) and the Anti-vaccination League of New York City (1885) followed. The American anti-vaccinationists waged court battles to repeal vaccination laws in several states including California, Illinois, and Wisconsin...

In Conclusion

Although the time periods have changed, the emotions and deep-rooted beliefsâ€"whether philosophical, political, or spiritualâ€"that underlie vaccine opposition have remained relatively consistent since Edward Jenner introduced vaccination.

Last update 25 Jan 2016

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/history-anti-vaccination-movements

RCnal

Fair enough. But I can continue hating the bitch, right?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 09, 2016, 12:12:29 PM
It is called quarantine.  Not done much, even with ebola, because it is so unpopular.
I do remember my quarantine.  I was 5-ish when I got scarlet fever.  We--the family--were quarantined for a week.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?