News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Stigmata of St. Therese Neuman

Started by Chris topherbrow, January 27, 2015, 02:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deidre32

Claims of stigmata have always been odd to me. Like if there exists a god who wishes for us to believe in him...why reveal himself in this way? I mean, why not perform a USEFUL miracle? lol  :think:
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Chris topherbrow

The miracle would be that they share in his redemptive work of atoning for the many sins of the world as a sacrificial lamb (victim) and by sharing in that martydom, share in the salvation of souls and the glory and joy of the Resurrection!

It has always been in the tradition of the Saints that bearing the cross of sickness, persecution, and martyrdom (the cross) is more glorious, praisworthy, and meritorious than miracles of being healed of the cross.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Chris topherbrow on January 27, 2015, 03:21:10 PM
The miracle would be that they share in his redemptive work of atoning for the many sins of the world as a sacrificial lamb (victim) and by sharing in that martydom, share in the salvation of souls and the glory and joy of the Resurrection!

It has always been in the tradition of the Saints that bearing the cross of sickness, persecution, and martyrdom (the cross) is more glorious, praisworthy, and meritorious than miracles of being healed of the cross.
One of the first rules of the forum is to not proselytize. Is that what you are doing, Chris?

Also. I haven't seen an thread in the introductions section, with you introducing yourself. Now might be a good time to do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Chris topherbrow on January 27, 2015, 03:21:10 PM
How does that help the starving and the sick? Last I checked, bibles aren't food or medicine.
Quote from: Chris topherbrow on January 27, 2015, 03:21:10 PMIt has always been in the tradition of the Saints that bearing the cross of sickness, persecution, and martyrdom (the cross) is more glorious, praisworthy, and meritorious than miracles of being healed of the cross.
What a strange view.

Deidre32

But if we believe the Jesus story as is in the NT...why would anyone need to 'join in' with atoning for sin? I'm familiar with the stories you're speaking of...but if we objectively look at the stories, then what was the point of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross?

When I was a Catholic, I still had the same issues with this. lol ^_^
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Chris topherbrow

Quote from: Deidre32 on January 27, 2015, 03:26:19 PM
But if we believe the Jesus story as is in the NT...why would anyone need to 'join in' with atoning for sin? I'm familiar with the stories you're speaking of...but if we objectively look at the stories, then what was the point of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross?

When I was a Catholic, I still had the same issues with this. lol ^_^
"Whoever follows me must take up his cross..." (Mt 10: 38).

"So they departed from the presence of the Sanhedrin, rejoicing that they had been counted worthy to suffer disgrace for the name of Jesus." (Acts 5:41) "

"Therefore we are not discouraged, rather, although our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. (II Cor 4: 16). "

"With Christ I am nailed to the cross. It is now no longer I that live but Christ Who lives in me" (Gal 2:19-20).

"Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, for I fill up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ." (Col:24).

“This indeed is a grace, if for consciousness of God anyone endures sorrows, suffering. unjustly." (I Pt 2: 19).

“For the Spirit Himself gives testimony to our spirit that we are the sons of God. And if sons, heirs also; heirs indeed of God and joint heirs with Christ: yet so, if we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified with Him. The sufferings of this time are not worthy to be compared with the glory to come that shall be revealed in us.” (Rm 8:16-18)

“What we suffer at this present time cannot be compared at all with the glory that is going to be revealed in us...We know that all things work for good for those who love God...For I am convinced that neither life nor death...nor future things, nor powers nor any other creature can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus" (Rm 8:18, 28,38).

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Chris topherbrow on January 27, 2015, 03:35:25 PM
"Whoever follows me must take up his cross..." (Mt 10: 38).

"So they departed from the presence of the Sanhedrin, rejoicing that they had been counted worthy to suffer disgrace for the name of Jesus." (Acts 5:41) "

"Therefore we are not discouraged, rather, although our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. (II Cor 4: 16). "

"With Christ I am nailed to the cross. It is now no longer I that live but Christ Who lives in me" (Gal 2:19-20).

"Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, for I fill up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ." (Col:24).

“This indeed is a grace, if for consciousness of God anyone endures sorrows, suffering. unjustly." (I Pt 2: 19).

“For the Spirit Himself gives testimony to our spirit that we are the sons of God. And if sons, heirs also; heirs indeed of God and joint heirs with Christ: yet so, if we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified with Him. The sufferings of this time are not worthy to be compared with the glory to come that shall be revealed in us.” (Rm 8:16-18)

“What we suffer at this present time cannot be compared at all with the glory that is going to be revealed in us...We know that all things work for good for those who love God...For I am convinced that neither life nor death...nor future things, nor powers nor any other creature can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus" (Rm 8:18, 28,38).
[mod]See you in purgatory[/mod]