News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

ANOTHER Name On The List- The Houthis

Started by stromboli, January 24, 2015, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houthis

QuoteHouthis belong to the Zaidi branch of Shia Islam, also known as Fivers, a sect of Islam almost exclusively present in Yemen. They are from the Shi'ite minority similar to the Twelvers found mainly in Iraq, Lebanon and Iran and are known for being most similar to Sunni Muslims in matters of religious law and rulings. They do however, believe in the concept of an Imamate as being essential to their religion, which makes them distinct from Sunnis.[31]

The Houthis have asserted that their actions are for the defence of their community from widespread and systematic discrimination, whereas the Yemeni government has in turn accused the insurgents of intending to overthrow the regime out of a desire to institute Zaidi Shia religious law,[32] destabilising the government and stirring anti-American sentiment.[33] The Houthis have told people they are “praying in the wrong way” by raising their arms, as is the custom among Sunnis in Yemen.[34]

The Yemeni government has also accused the Houthis of having ties to external backers, in particular the Iranian government, as Iran is a Shia-majority country.[35] In turn, the Houthis have countered with allegations that the Yemeni government is being backed by virulently anti-Shia external backers such as al-Qaeda and the monarchy of Saudi Arabia,[36][37][38] despite the fact that former President Ali Abdullah Saleh was also Zaidi.[39]

Their logo reads: "God is Great, Death to America, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews, Victory to Islam"

Another fun bunch of Shia fundies. Hey, in the immortal words of Bruce Willis, aka John McClane: "Welcome to the party, pal!"

Yes I am a cold blooded nihilistic uncaring monster. Rope off the whole fucking middle east and let them all kill each other, every last religion, sect and philosophy, and be done with it. And Africa too.

Solitary

I honestly think the whole world has gone insane with religion.  :eek: :kidra:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

I'm starting a new religion and I'm putting Solitary to the flame because he's had the same avatar for too long.

Hail Linex!

(pretty much what the religious do)
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit