5 year old shoots infant in the head

Started by PickelledEggs, January 19, 2015, 10:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

So, are you saying we a safer with everyone having a gun? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

hrdlr110

Quote from: Johan on January 24, 2015, 02:51:49 PM
I don't think PSA's are going to get it done. Its already very common for states to have laws in place that prevent you from leaving the store when buying a gun unless you have a lock for it. Bring your own lock or you have to buy one in order to get the gun out of the store.

No one can buy a gun legally without knowing full well that they're supposed to keep it locked when not in use.

As I've suggested before I'd like to see a law which holds the registered gun owner accountable for deaths that happen as a result of them storing the gun unlocked. Leave your unlocked and your nephew gets his hands on it and accidentally shoots his brother with it? You as the registered owner face murder charges as a result the same as you'd face if you yourself had pulled the trigger. That's the law I'd like to see. That's the law I think is needed to convince people to choose to keep their guns locked. But that's also a law that I don't expect will ever see the light of day in this country.

I think a law like this, only after a few convictions of course,  would greatly influence ones decision about owning a gun. This would make owning a gun riskier in two ways, and would make thinking folk think twice about having them around. More accountability couldn't possibly be a bad thing.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Atheon

Quote from: SGOS on January 24, 2015, 11:08:47 AM
Guns don't kill people. People with guns do.
Kills don't gun people. Guns with people do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCtD3OJ-_Es
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca