Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

proof.

Started by mainethinker, January 24, 2015, 08:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainethinker

Dandong china has a bridge that i cross day after day

SNP1

Ugh... people still have no idea what the word proof means.

Science uses INDUCTIVE logic.

Proof can only be obtained through DEDUCTIVE logic.
"My only agenda, if one can call it that, is the pursuit of truth" ~AoSS

Desdinova

Ironic isn't it?  You post a picture of animals in a zoo and here you are in your own little zoo. 
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Solitary

Quote from: SNP1 on January 26, 2015, 04:42:09 PM
Ugh... people still have no idea what the word proof means.

Science uses INDUCTIVE logic.

Proof can only be obtained through DEDUCTIVE logic.
That is not true, science uses deductive logic from the laws of nature. Also, nothing in science is proof, because it is tentative. When people thought the world was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the world was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is still flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together. This is how science works, it gives the best evidence and latest for its opinions. Only religion gives absolute knowledge and proof with their dogma. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Quote from: mainethinker on January 24, 2015, 08:05:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUM2anIYf4I
This is evidence of him being intelligent, but not proof of anything, accept that he can use a tool. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SNP1

Quote from: Solitary on January 26, 2015, 05:51:17 PM
That is not true, science uses deductive logic from the laws of nature. Also, nothing in science is proof, because it is tentative. When people thought the world was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the world was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is still flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together. This is how science works, it gives the best evidence and latest for its opinions. Only religion gives absolute knowledge and proof with their dogma. Solitary

Any conclusion that is reached through sound deductive reasoning is true with no exceptions.

Also:
P1) Science uses empiricism as a base
P2) Empiricism is induction
C) Science uses induction

Also

QuoteThis is how science works, it gives the best evidence and latest for its opinions.

That is what inductive reasoning is...
"My only agenda, if one can call it that, is the pursuit of truth" ~AoSS

Agramon

One could explain this away by saying it is learned behavior from a trainer (since it is in a zoo). There are far more convincing and solid sources of evolutionary evidence (genetics, for one), so I'll stick with those.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy