Idiot State Legislators In Mississippi Want To Make The Bible The 'State Book'

Started by FieryLocks, January 13, 2015, 09:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

Are Christians this insecure in their religion that they need to waste tax payer's time and money o crap like this? Mississippi has so many problems and this bullshit will not remedy any of them.
QuoteA bipartisan trio of lawmakers in Mississippi has introduced separate bills calling for the Bible to be named the “state book,” the Associated Press reported.

“The Bible provides a good role model on how to treat people,” state Rep. Tom Miles (D) said. “They could read in there about love and compassion.”

Miles and fellow Democratic state Rep. Michael Evans sponsored one of the bills, saying they have amassed support from more than 20 of their colleagues, enhancing its chances for approval. The other bill was introduced by state Rep. Tracy Arnold (R), who is also a Christian church pastor.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/bipartisan-bills-would-make-bible-the-state-book-of-mississippi/comments/#disqus

Grow the fuck up Christians!
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

aitm

Oh I disagree, I think this is a fantastic idea. Let us really use the babble, I mean let us use it word by motherfucking word. Women MUST stay home when on their "time". NO mixed clothing…women must cover their heads in church…NO men who are unable to produce children are to be allowed in churches, the mentally ill are not to be allowed in churches, the handicapped are not to be allowed in churches…  women cannot wear jewelry...men are allowed a one year pass from the military when they get married… women must marry their rapist, I mean GODDAMMIT this is perfect. Make them enforce the fucking babble and the battle will be won is 5 years. Hell yeah!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote“The Bible provides a good role model on how to treat people,” state Rep. Tom Miles (D) said. “They could read in there about love and compassion.”
Like almost sacrificing your own son, offering up your daughters to be raped, and massacring both enemy combatants and civilians then raping their kids.  Yeah, what a lofty standard that is.

_Xenu_

Blatant political posturing. Nothing to see here, please move along.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

FieryLocks

Quote from: aitm on January 13, 2015, 09:48:07 PM
Oh I disagree, I think this is a fantastic idea. Let us really use the babble, I mean let us use it word by motherfucking word. Women MUST stay home when on their "time". NO mixed clothing…women must cover their heads in church…NO men who are unable to produce children are to be allowed in churches, the mentally ill are not to be allowed in churches, the handicapped are not to be allowed in churches…  women cannot wear jewelry...men are allowed a one year pass from the military when they get married… women must marry their rapist, I mean GODDAMMIT this is perfect. Make them enforce the fucking babble and the battle will be won is 5 years. Hell yeah!
But when do the ever really follow their damn Bible?
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

FieryLocks

Quote from: Atheon on January 13, 2015, 10:28:21 PM
Unconstitutional.
Yep! And these are the people that like to cherry pick the Constitution as much as their Bible.

SNP1

Quote from: Atheon on January 13, 2015, 10:28:21 PM
Unconstitutional.

Not necessarily. If they are able to make it a state book as a book of literature, then it is entirely constitutional. It is just like the Bible and schools. Schools cannot use the Bible as a religious book, moral compass, etc. They can use it for comparative religion or as a book of literature.
"My only agenda, if one can call it that, is the pursuit of truth" ~AoSS

dtq123

Quote from: SNP1 on January 13, 2015, 11:02:41 PM
Not necessarily. If they are able to make it a state book as a book of literature, then it is entirely constitutional. It is just like the Bible and schools. Schools cannot use the Bible as a religious book, moral compass, etc. They can use it for comparative religion or as a book of literature.

"Literature" Sounds perfect  :rotflmao:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

kilodelta

“The Bible provides a good role model on how to treat people,” state Rep. Tom Miles (D) said. “They could read in there about love and compassion.”

Rape my father. So, that's how I should show love. Ahhhh ha! BRB
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

gussy

I would tell them that perhaps Mississippi has had a little too much Bible.  If you have to pick a state book, much better choices are out there.  How about William Faulkner or Shelby Foote?  At least those two were able to write coherent books that tell us something about the culture and people of Mississippi. 

FieryLocks

FieryLocks

dtq123

Quote from: FieryLocks on January 14, 2015, 10:53:04 PM
Religion should be called the creeping death of democracy...
I stopped after the first song.

So. Much. BULLSHIT. :butt:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

FieryLocks

Quote from: dtq123 on January 14, 2015, 10:56:45 PM
I stopped after the first song.

So. Much. BULLSHIT. :butt:
Perhaps this is why the Bible belt states are so poor. Instead of focusing on education, jobs, infrastructure, and keeping church and state separate, these states and the people that live in them spend so much time and money building another church, erecting another gigantic $30,000 cross, and living a tax free mooching life from their church...you will have poverty and ignorance, and that's just how they like it.