News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gender Equality

Started by Aletheia, January 11, 2015, 01:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Deidre32 on January 16, 2015, 12:58:48 AM
Men and women shouldn't be hitting each other, and it cheapens the whole idea of equality.

I agree, it shouldn't ever be the case. But I also agree that the human species hasn't evolved that far from its primal instincts, and often people just act like that because it's in their nature.

That said if women can serve in wars as troops, drill instructors, body builders and athletes, it's time to dismiss the idea that they are the weaker of the species, and if women can dish it out, they can take it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Deidre32

Quote from: Munch on January 16, 2015, 04:28:04 AM
I agree, it shouldn't ever be the case. But I also agree that the human species hasn't evolved that far from its primal instincts, and often people just act like that because it's in their nature.

That said if women can serve in wars as troops, drill instructors, body builders and athletes, it's time to dismiss the idea that they are the weaker of the species, and if women can dish it out, they can take it.

Excellent points & agree :)
Equal rights means equal responsibility ....
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Desdinova

When discussing equality I think you have to define the context.  If you are talking about equal rights, then yes, women and men should stand on equal ground.  When discussing the physiology of the two genders, then no, women and men are not equal.  Men are typically stronger than women and, over the years, have used this difference to impose their will on them.   Women, historically, have been oppressed.   Over the past hundred years or so, many cultures have begun to acknowledge that women have been treated poorly.  So, when we see a man slap or hit a woman we know it's not OK.  We get this sense of injustice and oppression.  We don't get this sense when we see a woman hit a man.  Of course, it's wrong to think like this.  People shouldn't go around hitting each other.  We've just been conditioned to react this way.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Munch

Besides, I've often thought it funny when you have ultra macho marine type men acting like alpha males, but you know they'd cry like sissies if they had to push out something the size of a rugby ball from between their legs.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

But but but the BIBBLE sez man is souperrier to womin. JESUS took the rib out of Atom, the first man, and gave him a peenus insted. He then used the rib and crated Steve, specifickly as his help-meat. That meenz she is to help his meat. Thats why man is souperier. GOD sez so and he's a man.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

doorknob

Men shouldn't be hitting women to defend them selves there are other ways to defend your self like blocking, with out hitting back.

Also women should not be in the business of hitting men. If hitting women and children is wrong it's also wrong to hit men as well.

hitting back is not a good solution. I think reprimanding women is a better solution.

Solitary

When I was younger I got slapped in the face by a girl really hard, I slapped her back and asked her why she did it, she didn't know, She's my wife now. She has never slapped me again, and I haven't slapped her again. No big deal to me, but hitting with fists is another story. And yes I have been punched really hard by a 5' 4" 23 year old girl when I was 38 years old when I pissed her off. No way in hell would I have punched her back----she might have kicked my butt---she was a trained boxer.  :biggrin: She is a big fan of equality among the sexes, and became my lover. Guess who was in charge? People shouldn't take crap off of others either. I respect women that don't take crap off macho guys. I personally like strong woman that stick up for themselves, and are braver than I am.  :cool: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.