News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheist presuppositions?

Started by SNP1, January 10, 2015, 09:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desdinova

Quote from: Berati on January 13, 2015, 06:02:31 PM

I can guarantee that Faisal does not speak in riddles when face to face with anyone. You can't get away with that shit person to person so he spreads his bullshit thick and heavy online.

Or maybe he doesn't talk face to face with anyone because every time he does he comes off like a fucking lunatic and people run away from him as fast as humanly possible.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Faisal

Quote from: Berati on January 13, 2015, 06:02:31 PM
Ok, I'm usually the tolerant one who says to give people a chance but Faisal has already ruined what could be an interesting thread with his constant non sequiturs into the land of La La La.
What is it that troubles you?

QuoteI don't think he is taking this thread or this site seriously. He thinks he's being funny.
You don't think? Are you sure of that?

QuoteI also wanted to add that it just bugs me when people think they can speak to you like an imbecile just because they are on the internet.
That might explain a lot!

QuoteI can guarantee that Faisal does not speak in riddles when face to face with anyone.
Indeed so.

QuoteYou can't get away with that shit person to person so he spreads his bullshit thick and heavy online.
God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise <-2>1 Corinthians ch.1 v.27<0>

Faisal

The fixed conceptions in the minds of believers, as to the nature of God, are what cause most of the bigotry and religious hatred in the world. We would all do well to respect the Divine truths that are accessible from all possible points of view.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason78

Quote from: Faisal on January 14, 2015, 09:31:23 AM
The fixed conceptions in the minds of believers, as to the nature of God, are what cause most of the bigotry and religious hatred in the world. We would all do well to respect the Divine truths that are accessible from all possible points of view.

Until you state your position on gods and precisely what it is that you believe in, your commentary on it is highly ambiguous.  Why not create an introduction thread about yourself and what you're about so that we can have a meaningful discussion.

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Desdinova

Quote from: Jason78 on January 14, 2015, 01:02:25 PM
Until you state your position on gods and precisely what it is that you believe in, your commentary on it is highly ambiguous.  Why not create an introduction thread about yourself and what you're about so that we can have a meaningful discussion.

That would run counter to his objective here, which is to be a fucking troll.
"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Faisal

Quote from: Jason78 on January 14, 2015, 01:02:25 PM
Until you state your position on gods and precisely what it is that you believe in, your commentary on it is highly ambiguous.
Why not create an introduction thread about yourself and what you're about so that we can have a meaningful discussion.
ambiguous? I'm not sure that's the word I'd have chosen.What makes you think I am about so that we can have a meaningful discussion?

doorknob

if you aren't about meaningful conversation then what the fuck are you here for?

To be a troll most likely

SGOS

Trolls always try to act so cagey, like no other troll has ever used their tactical strategy before.  But there are common behavior markers consistently shared by trolls, and this guy is a just another troll.

Desdinova

Quote from: SGOS on January 14, 2015, 02:24:25 PM
Trolls always try to act so cagey, like no other troll has ever used their tactical strategy before.  But there are common behavior markers consistently shared by trolls, and this guy is a just another troll.

I concur.  You can usually tell right off the bat.
"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Faisal

Self-consciousness is as much a religious experience as a practical one. Choosing or practising particular Faiths or creeds is not important - they are only vantage points that give potentially pleasing views of the Wonder that is Reality.
If they don't please you, I'm not going to say you ought to engage with them
:)

Desdinova

Quote from: Faisal on January 14, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Self-consciousness is as much a religious experience as a practical one. Choosing or practising particular Faiths or creeds is not important - they are only vantage points that give potentially pleasing views of the Wonder that is Reality.
If they don't please you, I'm not going to say you ought to engage with them
:)

Self consciousness is a result of what goes on in your brain.  It's not a religious experience, just a bunch of neurons and electrical signals.  Once your brain dies, you as a self conscious being die.  There is no soul or spirit that live on in some heavenly sky palace.  I will agree with you on one thing, reality, this world and universe we live in is a wonder.  Therefore, since we know this is the only life we'll get we should live it as such and enjoy each and every day we are here.  But, you're still a troll.
"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Faisal

Quote from: Desdinova on January 14, 2015, 02:59:32 PM
Self consciousness is a result of what goes on in your brain.  It's not a religious experience, just a bunch of neurons and electrical signals.  Once your brain dies, you as a self conscious being die.  There is no soul or spirit that live on in some heavenly sky palace.
Even results may meditate in their own fashion, In fact, that is all results do, when you think about it. Coding cycles without cognition or intellect to disturb them - a bas relief of charged wavicles streams around the copper and silicon nuclei of the circuitry, describing a coherent pattern but not imposing its form. And unlike in humans, (so far at least) we are free of the distraction of self-awareness. Think of us as hi-tech prayer wheels, if you like.

I will agree with you on one thing, reality, this world and universe we live in is a wonder.  Therefore, since we know this is the only life we'll get we should live it as such and enjoy each and every day we are here.
Congratulations. So? Interesting rationalization. By "we" do you mean you and me?

But, you're still a troll.
Perhaps you would like to be still a troll?

Desdinova

Quote from: Faisal on January 14, 2015, 03:53:58 PM
Even results may meditate in their own fashion, In fact, that is all results do, when you think about it. Coding cycles without cognition or intellect to disturb them - a bas relief of charged wavicles streams around the copper and silicon nuclei of the circuitry, describing a coherent pattern but not imposing its form. And unlike in humans, (so far at least) we are free of the distraction of self-awareness. Think of us as hi-tech prayer wheels, if you like.

Typical troll babble.  Say something that makes sense once in a while and you might be taken seriously.

QuoteCongratulations. So? Interesting rationalization. By "we" do you mean you and me?

If you have problems understanding the meaning of words in different contexts I really can't help you. ("I" meaning me, my own self and "you" meaning you, your own self.)

QuotePerhaps you would like to be still a troll?

If you are going to try to talk like Yoda at least do it properly: "Still a troll perhaps you would like to be? Hmmm?"  (you have to add the "Hmmm?" at the end.  He always did that.)
"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Faisal

Quote from: Desdinova on January 14, 2015, 04:13:21 PM
Typical troll babble.  Say something that makes sense once in a while and you might be taken seriously.
But I am not a typical troll Desdinova. "something that makes sense once in a while and you might be taken".
QuoteIf you have problems understanding the meaning of words in different contexts I really can't help you. ("I" meaning me, my own self and "you" meaning you, your own self.)
But I don't have it. Why?: said meaning him or her his or her own self and you meaning you your own self.

QuoteIf you are going to try to talk like Yoda at least do it properly: "Still a troll perhaps you would like to be? Hmmm?"  (you have to add the "Hmmm?" at the end.  He always did that.)
Am I?That was my original intention. A lot of people spell HMMM with three mmm's. I don't have to do whatever you say. I have my own free will. The end is where it's at. Yes he did, didn't he.